× Members

recorded delivery

• nesey1
12 years 7 months ago #63856 by nesey1
Replied by nesey1 on topic Re:recorded delivery
Can i just let you know, I contacted my benefit office today because i sent my esa50 form back on 25th June just normal delivery in their prepaid envelope, and i have still not had a letter to confirm atos have received my form. My form had to be in by 2nd aug. The lady in the dwp benefit office advised me that if they had not received it they send a reminder letter after a certain time to request to return the form. So i am just taking her word for it. she did give me a freephone no 0800 2888777. to ring and check with them.I tried ringing the number today and i was on hold for 30 mins, so i hung up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #63859 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:recorded delivery
nesey1 wrote:

Can i just let you know, I contacted my benefit office today because i sent my esa50 form back on 25th June just normal delivery in their prepaid envelope, and i have still not had a letter to confirm atos have received my form. My form had to be in by 2nd aug. The lady in the dwp benefit office advised me that if they had not received it they send a reminder letter after a certain time to request to return the form. So i am just taking her word for it. she did give me a freephone no 0800 2888777. to ring and check with them.I tried ringing the number today and i was on hold for 30 mins, so i hung up.

At the risk of worrying you more, ATOS do not confirm delivery of an ESA50 either in writing or by phone, and there is no reminder of late delivery.

Did you send it Recorded Delivery or get a Certificate of Posting?

Given the dates you mention, I an quite sure that your ESA50 has made it to ATOS on time, but to quieten your own mind, I would recommend you phone to confirm delivery tomorrow.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #63864 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:recorded delivery
nesey1 wrote:

Hi Nesey1,

I think that phone number is ATOS, the MP Tom Grateux, tried to ring them, don't know if it was the same number, on behalf of one of his constituants, and it took about 135 calls before he made contact.

He gave this evidence to the Works and Pensions Select Commitee.

They have supposedly increased the capacity of their call handling.

Have you thought about e-mailing them on the link to their site on my post before yours.

good luck

bro58

More
12 years 7 months ago #63865 by Towser
Replied by Towser on topic Re:recorded delivery
Post does not go direct to the relevant office dealing with claims but to a sorting (clearing ) office for forwarding.This can cause 5 to 7 days delay in them receiving post.However when received they should be date stamped.
It would be worth a phone call, yet again in the morning to see if received.
I always advise claimants to post back at least 10 days before deadline to insure correspondence is received.

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #63871 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:recorded delivery
You know I don't really blame anyone for phoning ATOS or DWP, because they are worried or anxious, as to how they stand in the ESA WCA process.

However, I will never make or receive phone calls regarding this matter, there is far to much misinformation being given to claimants, as well as many "untruths".

I know they say they record conversations, but copy of these can be difficult to obtain.

At least if it is in black and white, maybe backed up by an e-mail, and then even a phone call as well, you have definate proof that you have contacted them, and of the subject matter.

I have practiced the above for many years, and any problems were rectified quickly.

As I have said before I feel all this phone contact is for their convenience not ours.

All above is obviously my own opinion.

cheers

bro58

More
12 years 7 months ago #63876 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:recorded delivery
I agree entirely with your sentiments. Indeed, when I worked for the DSS we never dealt with claimants by telephone and were instructed not to do so, for the very reasons stated in your post.

Unfortunately, any correspondence with the DWP and/or Atos must be communicated by recorded delivery, as it appears that the alleged non-receipt of correspondence has become an unwelcome practice within these organisations!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.