× Members

esa award without medical

More
12 years 7 months ago #65534 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic Re:esa award without medical
I think the world has gone mad :( I am appealing. 'sigh' lets face it the genuine sick and disabled struggle enough as it is... the fraudsters they seem to lump us all with know how to play the system and most of us don't have a clue...
sorry to here you too are now in nightmare zone Hilly :(
sorry about mini rant... brain went on holiday again so forgot the point I intended to make :blink:
I had never claimed a thing in my life and worked since 15 then at the age of 44 my life was ruined by illness... then DWP ppl were wonderful and helped me so much. Now?
good luck Hilly
regards
Linda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #65544 by hilly
Replied by hilly on topic Re:esa award without medical
Thanks Linda
I have worked full time also until I became I'll and have claimed IB for past 10 years.
I hate the fact I have to beg for money and write completely embarassing and personal stuff for some health professional to discard without feelings at all. I would LOVE. to work, I used to look forward to going to work but unfortunately I am unable to.
My husband has just said he was told I was in the availability for work group but he was told I would be getting £99 a week.
Will have to wait for the official letter.
I wish you the best of luck with your appeal as well.

• shazza
12 years 7 months ago #65546 by shazza
Replied by shazza on topic Re:esa award without medical
Hi,
This is my first post on this site, i too suffer from fibromyalgia and osteoathritis, i have applied for DLA, this was refused,i have apealed, they say they have not recieved my apeal! and today i now feel like a deflated balloon...

• Survivor
12 years 7 months ago #65547 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:esa award without medical
There may simply have been a delay in the appeal getting from their post sorting office to the decision maker's desk, but there would be nothing to stop you sending a second copy, this time by recorded delivery.

Meanwhile, catch your breath, get what help and support you can from friends, professional services etc., and try to recover a bit.

More
12 years 7 months ago #65549 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic Re:esa award without medical
recorded delivery... always.
I know it feels like a punch in the guts and it knocks you back. lets face it it doesn't take much for that to happen with this stupid illness :angry: Survivor is so right [of course] take a deep breath and send in another form.
good luck and don't give up
careful fibro ((hug))
Linda

• Michael
12 years 7 months ago #65598 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Re:esa award without medical
I think many people are thinking that membership of the Work Related Activity Group means a person is available for work right now - when in fact - it should indicate that a person might be able to work some time in the future if certain support mechanism are in place. In most cases, 'might' and 'if' are usually a long way from becoming reality.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.