× Members

I'm terrified!!

• insomnia56
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #66398 by insomnia56
I'm terrified!! was created by insomnia56
Hi,
I've been put into the WRA group and I've got my first appointment at my local jobcentre tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect and I'm terrified. Not even sure I will be able to walk in there. can anyone give me an idea of what to expect please.
My husband is coming with me cos I don't leave the house without him and haven't done for years, but I'm still not sure if I can face it, even though I know I have to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #66401 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:I'm terrified!!
insomnia56 wrote:

Hi,
I've been put into the WRA group and I've got my first appointment at my local jobcentre tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect and I'm terrified. Not even sure I will be able to walk in there. can anyone give me an idea of what to expect please.
My husband is coming with me cos I don't leave the house without him and haven't done for years, but I'm still not sure if I can face it, even though I know I have to.

Hi, try not to worry too much, have a look at the thread on the link below. :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=66309#66309

If you have any particular queries after reading this, come back to us, and we will do our best to help.

cheers

bro58

More
12 years 7 months ago #66404 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic Re:I'm terrified!!
Oh my poor love :( I too don't go anywhere without hubbie, for physical and mental and emotional aid... well don't really go anywhere. I am waiting for the letter telling me I have to go in to the jobcentre. I feel your terror and so wish I could help :(
This just can't be right doing this to sick and disabled people who have a tough enough job just getting through the day :angry:
Did you ask if they could come to you? also scary as blazes but less physically demanding.
Not helping am I... sorry
sending warm thoughts and sympathy
Linda

• insomnia56
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #66409 by insomnia56
Replied by insomnia56 on topic Re:I'm terrified!!
Hi,
Thanks bro58, I have had a read. At least I have some idea of what is involved even if I can't really see how it will be possible for me to do any of it!!
I'm still terrified as I don't know till I get there how I will react to being there. Could be a panic attack, an angry outburst, uncontrollable tears or just numb silence. Will just have to bite the bullet and see.

Regards

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #66410 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:I'm terrified!!
insomnia56 wrote:

Hi,
Thanks bro58, I have had a read. At least I have some idea of what is involved even if I can't really see how it will be possible for me to do any of it!!
I'm still terrified as I don't know till I get there how I will react to being there. Could be a panic attack, an angry outburst, uncontrollable tears or just numb silence. Will just have to bite the bullet and see.

Regards

Best of luck !!

Let us know how you get on, hopefully it will not be as bad as you fear.

cheers

bro58

• insomnia56
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #66412 by insomnia56
Replied by insomnia56 on topic Re:I'm terrified!!
Thanks for the support Linda. I wish I could say it would help for them to come to me but unfortunately one of my problems is being paranoid that people will find my house dirty, so other than my son and his wife (and I stress out for weeks before a visit) I don't let anyone in.
Did very briefly have a community psychiatric nurse visit to work with me on going out without my hubby, but to say it was a bit of a disaster would be an understatement!! She was last seen running down my path shouting over her shoulder that she would refer me for psychotherapy cos she wasn't able to deal with me.
Ho hum

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.