× Members

I'm terrified!!

• insomnia56
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #66647 by insomnia56
Replied by insomnia56 on topic Re:I'm terrified!!
OK, have been for my appointment at the Jobcentre. It was all over in about 5minutes. I was shaking like a leaf and was fast approaching a panic attack. What actually happened was I opened my mouth to try and speak and burst into tears and couldn't stop. The chap was very nice and said he wasn't going to upset me any more than I already was and fiddled about on the computer for a few minutes, asked if I was on medication for my mental health probs which I am and he then said I could go!

He said he has put me down as unfit for work and all I will be expected to do is go and see him every six months. When my hubby asked him why I wasn't put in the support group then, he said as far as he was concerned I wasn't in any group. He would just see me once every six months, and that was it, I was on my way home.

Obviously I am hugely relieved that I don't have to do any work related stuff but where does that leave me as far as the benefit I get?? I kind of feel I am in no man's land now. Anyone know if anything will change with my benefit now?

Why is this all so complicated? Surely you are either fit to work or you are not!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #66654 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:I'm terrified!!
insomnia56 wrote:

OK, have been for my appointment at the Jobcentre. It was all over in about 5minutes. I was shaking like a leaf and was fast approaching a panic attack. What actually happened was I opened my mouth to try and speak and burst into tears and couldn't stop. The chap was very nice and said he wasn't going to upset me any more than I already was and fiddled about on the computer for a few minutes, asked if I was on medication for my mental health probs which I am and he then said I could go!

He said he has put me down as unfit for work and all I will be expected to do is go and see him every six months. When my hubby asked him why I wasn't put in the support group then, he said as far as he was concerned I wasn't in any group. He would just see me once every six months, and that was it, I was on my way home.

Obviously I am hugely relieved that I don't have to do any work related stuff but where does that leave me as far as the benefit I get?? I kind of feel I am in no man's land now. Anyone know if anything will change with my benefit now?

Why is this all so complicated? Surely you are either fit to work or you are not!!

Hi,

Glad to hear it wasn't too bad.

If you have had written notification that you are in the WRAG from the DWP DM, then you are indeed still in the WRAG.

So the WFI guy telling you that you are not in any group is simply incorrect.

You will continue to receive WRAG rate ESA, as long as you attend any future WFI appoinments, or until you are re-assessed again, and you are given a decision different to WRAG.

So try and relax, you have done so well in attending.

cheers

bro58

• insomnia56
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #66656 by insomnia56
Replied by insomnia56 on topic Re:I'm terrified!!
Thank you, am gradually calming back down, will prob have to have a sleep in a bit once all the adrenalin has drained away.

• clio
12 years 7 months ago #66657 by clio
Replied by clio on topic Re: I'm terrified!!
hi
I to am like you, dont worry phone the jobcentre you are to go to and explain that you cant go into jobcentre because of the way you are. I did this and they conducted my interview over the phone.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.