Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Over 80,000 claimants and professionals subscribe to the UK's leading source of benefits news.

 
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members

TOPIC:

Re:wrag without medical and I cant walk 8 years 11 months ago #66670

It is truly shocking how they come to their conclusions. Do we have any human rights?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:wrag without medical and I cant walk 8 years 11 months ago #66677

It seems not If you're sick, poor or out of work, no. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:wrag without medical and I cant walk 8 years 11 months ago #66683

  • The Thing
Gordon wrote:

headinawheelchair wrote:

So in theory if someone has walking difficulties IE using crutches or a walking stick and could only manage say 50 metres then had to stop because of pain,but could propel himself over 200 metres in a wheelchair you could in theory score no points,is that correct.

Unfortunately, that wwould be correct.

Gordon


How would the HCP determine how far you could self propel a wheelchair if you have never used one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:wrag without medical and I cant walk 8 years 11 months ago #66685

  • Gordon
  • Away
  • Posts: 48105
headinawheelchair wrote:

How would the HCP determine how far you could self propel a wheelchair if you have never used one.

They will state an opinion based on their experience and training. Just as they do for the other ESA tests :)

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Re:wrag without medical and I cant walk 8 years 11 months ago #66691

  • The Thing
Gordon wrote:

headinawheelchair wrote:

How would the HCP determine how far you could self propel a wheelchair if you have never used one.

They will state an opinion based on their experience and training. Just as they do for the other ESA tests :)

Gordon


So if someone has got no upper body disability it might well be assumed that you should be able to self propel a wheelchair 200 metres by the HCP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:wrag without medical and I cant walk 8 years 11 months ago #66693

  • Gordon
  • Away
  • Posts: 48105
headinawheelchair wrote:

So if someone has got no upper body disability it might well be assumed that you should be able to self propel a wheelchair 200 metres by the HCP.

Quite possibly.

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Moderators: GordonGaryBIS