× Members

wrag without medical and I cant walk

• The Thing
12 years 6 months ago #66698 by The Thing
Replied by The Thing on topic Re:wrag without medical and I cant walk
Gordon wrote:

headinawheelchair wrote:

So if someone has got no upper body disability it might well be assumed that you should be able to self propel a wheelchair 200 metres by the HCP.

Quite possibly.

Gordon

In my opinion alot of claimants are not going to score points if that criteria is applied.

And if that same criteria is applied to the mobility component of DLA when its changed to PIP you will find a high percentage will loose that as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
12 years 6 months ago #66699 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:wrag without medical and I cant walk
Unfortunately, I think that quite a few of them may be caught in a cleft stick - found fit for work on the basis that they can mobilise in a wheelchair but unable to get the wheelchair they need from the NHS. I don't know where that leaves them. It should make for some good human interest stories in the media.

• The Thing
12 years 6 months ago #66710 by The Thing
Replied by The Thing on topic Re:wrag without medical and I cant walk
Survivor wrote:

Unfortunately, I think that quite a few of them may be caught in a cleft stick - found fit for work on the basis that they can mobilise in a wheelchair but unable to get the wheelchair they need from the NHS. I don't know where that leaves them. It should make for some good human interest stories in the media.

In a nutshell it will leave thousands with a lot less money.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #66711 by TwistedWitch
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 6 months ago #66718 by Blue Peter
Replied by Blue Peter on topic Re:wrag without medical and I cant walk
I have been thinking about this virtual wheelchair thing for a while now, wondering how I can convince the inquisitore that I can't use a manual wheelchair. I want to be ready when the time comes to be reassed from IB to ESA. I have asthma, heart disease, arthritis etc. As with walking, standing and sitting upright etc. I feel it will give me backache. Also, the fatigue would give me asthma, and then of course the heart trouble, using my arms could strain it. But this is all theoretical as would be the HCP's opinion. So the only conclusion I have come to is to borrow a wheelchair and suck it and see. That way I will know for sure what will happen and suggest others do the same then you know rather than guessing. When I have recovered from last week's heart attack then I will experiment.
Regards
Peter

• originaldave
12 years 6 months ago #66721 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:wrag without medical and I cant walk
Egon Peter Hopkinson wrote:

I have been thinking about this virtual wheelchair thing for a while now, wondering how I can convince the inquisitore that I can't use a manual wheelchair. I want to be ready when the time comes to be reassed from IB to ESA. I have asthma, heart disease, arthritis etc. As with walking, standing and sitting upright etc. I feel it will give me backache. Also, the fatigue would give me asthma, and then of course the heart trouble, using my arms could strain it. But this is all theoretical as would be the HCP's opinion. So the only conclusion I have come to is to borrow a wheelchair and suck it and see. That way I will know for sure what will happen and suggest others do the same then you know rather than guessing. When I have recovered from last week's heart attack then I will experiment.
Regards
Peter

I too have thought how to cover going from higher rate mobility, to being able wizz along in a wheel chair. After reading up on it on here and asking questions..... I have it covered my dr and physio would be happy to provide a letter saying that I would go round in circles as left side is weaker than right

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.