× Members

WFIs interviews while appealing?

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #66750 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:WFIs interviews while appealing?
Fedup wrote:

It took a while but I have found the full document;

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/ib-reassessment-information-pack.pdf

hope this is of help.

Yes rachel,

There it is again, the penultimate Q & A, on page 20 of the document.

Is this a hatrick? :laugh:

I will wait and see what the general consensus is.

cheers

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #66752 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:WFIs interviews while appealing?
Thanks Rachel (I thought you were going to bed), it looks like we got DWP documents coming out of our ears at the moment.

Just wait until Universal Credit is out; the benefit to end all benefits. :laugh:

I'll be honest and say that I don't know how much legal weight these documents have but it does strike me that it is DWP policy that appellants are not required to attend WFIs. We've seen posts on Rightsnet some time ago saying that it varies from one department to another and many members have been told that they are not required to attend WFIs whilst appealing.

Perhaps the best person to enlighten us is anybody who is appealing an ESA decision but has still been asked to attend a WFI?

• RachelPotter
12 years 7 months ago #66767 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:WFIs interviews while appealing?

If, as a result of reassessment, claimants previously in receipt of a benefit that was exempt from tax become entitled to contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance, they may now be liable to pay income tax.

Considering that Con ESA is supposed to be for 1 year and that people who are being transfered from IB to ESA at their same rate of benefit, I find this statement rather disturbing!

Has anyone lost any tax credits?

Best wishes,
Rachel

More
12 years 7 months ago #66804 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:WFIs interviews while appealing?
Fedup wrote:

Considering that Con ESA is supposed to be for 1 year and that people who are being transfered from IB to ESA at their same rate of benefit, I find this statement rather disturbing!

Best wishes,
Rachel

At the risk of starting another storm of questions :)

Some peoples IB payments are tax exempt, this aspect of their claim will not be carried over to ESA, which has no tax exempt categories.

So to clarify, ESA(CB) is liable to tax, whereas ESA(IR) is not. Personal circumstances may mean that no tax is actually paid.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• RachelPotter
12 years 7 months ago #66805 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:WFIs interviews while appealing?
:) Sorry Gordon, wasn't trying to stir up a storm!

I do worry about the 'small print', as the government doesn't seem to make everything so cut and dried in the publications that us mere mortals tend to read.

Best wishes,
Rachel

• originaldave
12 years 7 months ago #66819 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:WFIs interviews while appealing?
Gordon wrote:

Fedup wrote:

Best wishes,
Rachel

At the risk of starting another storm of questions :)

Some peoples IB payments are tax exempt, this aspect of their claim will not be carried over to ESA, which has no tax exempt categories.

So to clarify, ESA(CB) is liable to tax, whereas ESA(IR) is not. Personal circumstances may mean that no tax is actually paid.

Gordon

Do both types of ESA gets peoples stamp paid towards OAP ?

The Germans have a word for this type of change to benefits "verschlimmbessern" :silly:

Its not rude

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.