× Members

Appointment for assessment - infuriating!!

More
12 years 6 months ago #68331 by smc
The letter with the rearranged appointment time arrived today but boy did I have to laugh at the recommended way to get there on public transport.

Walk 19 minutes to main road, daft when there is another main road nearer plus 19 minutes is ridiculous, it would take a normal person nearer 30 minutes to walk that far.

Then get on a bus going in wrong direction for city centre, take it a few stops, get off and cross over and take another bus going in right direction. :silly:

Why not just cross over in first place and get bus going in right direction and without the need for two fares??? Or better still just go to first main road and get the bus that goes down that road!!

I won't be doing any of these, someone will be driving me to the centre.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #69363 by smc
My medical is on Monday and I am starting to get anxious. I keep telling myself at worst I will have to appeal (have done so twice for IB in past) but still I am uptight and my symptoms are going wild!! :(

• Survivor
12 years 5 months ago #69364 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:Appointment for assessment - infuriating!!
You've probably done it several times over, but if you feel you must do something rather than distract yourself with something else, why not have another look through the descriptors and think about what you need to mention that's relevant.

Just a tip - if you get asked a question and you have a two part answer - "x, but y", remember you may be cut off after x, so if it is y that is most important, say it first. The Atos HCP will be pushed for time and following a computerised questionnaire.

More
12 years 5 months ago #69365 by smc
Survivor wrote:

You've probably done it several times over, but if you feel you must do something rather than distract yourself with something else, why not have another look through the descriptors and think about what you need to mention that's relevant.

Just a tip - if you get asked a question and you have a two part answer - "x, but y", remember you may be cut off after x, so if it is y that is most important, say it first. The Atos HCP will be pushed for time and following a computerised questionnaire.

Thanks!! I am going to read over my ESA50, refresh in my mind what I said, also going to have my mum read it again as she will be with me, also going to make some notes of some key points as that will keep them fresh in my mind too.

It is a great tip to try and not add a "but" as often the HCP only hears the first bit, of only makes note of first bit!!

This forum is fab, such a great support, thank you to all!!!

More
12 years 5 months ago #69466 by frantur
Yes it is enough to make your blood boil. I had a phone call asking me to set a date. I was genuinely ill in bed that day and so was my husband and asked if they could call another day and explained why. She said it would be better to fix a date that day so I asked for time to get downstairs and get my husband and my diaries out (he would havr to take me) and she said she would ring back in half an hour. Needless to say I had no phone call that day. The next morning the same thing happened but I did get a phone call back but 2 hours later rather than the promised half hour. By that time I had made an appointment as someone else had rung me back. I was told by the person who I made my appt. with that their books were only open for a week at a time but when the second person rang back he said there was a system of getting an appointment that was not in that weekly slot. I am as confused as you.

More
12 years 5 months ago #69638 by smc
Well I got through my medical!!

Got there, took the number given to me and had to wait to be called to the reception desk to check in, get identity checked etc.... When I did I was told there was a forty minute delay and was asked if I wanted to wait, I said I would, get it over with. There was actually some high backed chairs with arms so that made sitting more bearable for me.

The doctor was actually quite nice, he was not like ones in the past who walk quickly down the corridor trying to see if you keep up with them, he kept telling me to take my time and when he asked me to move from the chair to the couch he was telling me to take my time too. He also didn't use the trick questions to try and catch me out.

At the end he said he would do the report the best he can to explain how I am affected but unfortunately they don't always interpret it correctly..........so really I think his report will be in my favour and it will comes down to how the DM interprets it and scores me.

At the moment I am just relieved it is done, I suspect after a few days I will be anxious to hear the outcome.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.