× Members

Appointment for assessment - infuriating!!

• Andy
12 years 6 months ago #66913 by Andy
smc wrote:

Thanks, glad to hear you stood your ground too, I felt so bad doing it, I know I shouldn't but I did! :huh:

Please do not feel bad. You have the right to a LIFE. You have told them which dates don't work. Just calmly stick to the facts.

One approach is to simply say "I can't make that date. The first date I can make after that is XYZ." Don't offer reasons unless asked. This will help focus the mind of the overworked clerical worker on the other end of the line. If they are daft enough to offer another date before XYZ, just repeat the above.

It is very annoying when they offer dates that you've excluded on your ESA50, but I'm pretty sure it's down to shonky bureaucracy and incompetence rather than anything else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #66920 by MattyB
Hi smc,

No you are definitely not the only one who has been frustrated by trying to get an appointment for the assessment. I had written on my form that the people who would be taking me to my assessment would not be able to get me there until 11am at the earliest but the first appointment I received was for 9.25am so I had to get it altered. When the letter arrived confirming the new date and time, I noticed in the accompanying booklet that it said to phone a particular number if you will have special needs at the assessment, so I did and I explained what my needs are. A few days later, someone phoned me to say that I needed to get a letter from my doctor confirming my special needs but I told them I had already sent them one attached to my form. Then a few days after that, I received a letter saying my appointment had been cancelled, but this was followed a day later by a new date and guess what, the time was for 9.25am again! So I had to phone them again and rearrange the appointment. Then when I went to put the date in my diary afterwards, I realised that the day of the week and the date they had given me did not match up!!! So I had to phone again. This was all SO frustrating and anxiety-making. :S :S :S

Best wishes,
Matty

More
12 years 6 months ago #66927 by smc
Thanks Andy & Matty, really appreciate your replies!!!

Andy, I think I forget I am entitled to a life, might have something to do with the fact a so called friend seems determined on trying to make me feel bad for claiming.

Matty, what a lot of hassle you had!!

More
12 years 6 months ago #68073 by smc
So a letter dropped onto my doormat today with an appointment for next week!! Yep the very same week I told them about on the form and the phone that I can't attend during!!!! :side: :dry:

Oh and it was for 9am when I told them I could only do afternoons.

Managed to get through on the phone to them and eventually got appointment for 3rd October but latest appointments they have are 11.30am!! :silly:

• Catherine
12 years 6 months ago #68079 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Re:Appointment for assessment - infuriating!!
I am very sorry you are being subjected to this level of maladministration - it is absolutely ridiculous!

More
12 years 6 months ago #68180 by smc
Thanks Catherine, it just adds to the stress, it is stressful enough as it is!!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.