× Members

ESA1 Form

More
12 years 6 months ago #69389 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA1 Form
IT2Go4IT wrote:

I don't even know if it is worth continuing with the claim just to get my NI credits paid. The task of filling out the ESA50 form just seems too daunting when it wont't actually get me the benefit.

Continuing to receive NI credits will go towards your Retirement Pension, so it is worth considering this when making your decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #69395 by IT2Go4IT
Replied by IT2Go4IT on topic Re:ESA1 Form
Would I still have to go through all the stress of the various assessments and possible medical, then be allocated to an applicable ESA group for just claiming NI credits?

• Survivor
12 years 6 months ago #69396 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:ESA1 Form
Yes, you still have to go through the same assessment process whether you are entitled to any actual money after your income and capital are taken into account or whether you just get NI credits.

More
12 years 6 months ago #70049 by IT2Go4IT
Replied by IT2Go4IT on topic Re:ESA1 Form
With appropriate professional help I am going to appeal the decision. That being because my NI credits were made by the DWP on my behalf while I was on IB they are not recognised as eligible towards my claim for contributory ESA after a gap.

Would you like me to keep you updated or maybe it might be better in a new thread?

More
12 years 6 months ago #70051 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA1 Form
IT2Go4IT wrote:

Would you like me to keep you updated or maybe it might be better in a new thread?

I am sure that other members will be interested in how you get on, why don't you add any updates to this thread, and we'll see how that goes.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• pete17971
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #70507 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:ESA1 Form
IT2Go4IT wrote:

With appropriate professional help I am going to appeal the decision. That being because my NI credits were made by the DWP on my behalf while I was on IB they are not recognised as eligible towards my claim for contributory ESA after a gap.

Hi,

Sorry for the late response but am not too well atm.

It is just really to ask on which points you are appealing?

Is it that you believe you made the required N.I. contributions and the required N.I credits in the relevant years to receive Contribution based benefits?

Just to clarify the position:

NI Contribution Conditions:

You must have paid enough national insurance contributions to qualify for
contribution-based ESA .

In general, you need to have actually paid 25 x class 1 or 2 contributions in one of the last 3 tax years;

and

have paid or been credited with 50 x
contributions in both the last 2 tax years.

You can’t receive contribution-based ESA if you are getting statutory maternity,
paternity or adoption pay.

If you agree with the fact that you do not qualify based on your NI paid for contributions and credits made, then I am not too clear on your grounds for appeal.

If you know you did not make the necessary paid for Contributions and awarded the necessary Credits in the relevant years, but just disagree with the 'system', then any appeal will be bound to fail as the NI contributions/credits requirements for contribution based benefits are set in law and as such would not be appealable.

Pete
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by pete17971. Reason: spelling

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.