× Members

ESA1 Form

More
12 years 6 months ago #70512 by IT2Go4IT
Replied by IT2Go4IT on topic Re:ESA1 Form
Hi pete17971,

Thank you for your reply and hope you are feeling better.

I am going to appeal with help on the grounds of discrimination. That being that had I never even attempted to return to work and thus come off IB (at considerable health risk to myself) I would still either be receiving IB or have been automatically moved to contributory ESA without any question about NI credits.

Also the fact that in the two relevant tax years I do have maximum class 1 NI contributions paid albeit that they have been paid by the DWP on my behalf rather than through a salary as I was on IB. It seems that the DWP don't recognise NI credits that they have paid for you when it comes to claiming a subsequent contributory based benefit.

It's no encouragement for people who really want to give work their best go if they are going to be frightened that if they do fail they could end up in a far worse situation benefits wise.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.