× Members

CFS moving from IB to ESA

More
12 years 7 months ago #68550 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re:CFS moving from IB to ESA
yes of course u r right bro58

i think i read that somewhere, cant remember where. i certainly didnt mean that u should do that in order to make ur illness sound worse.

also with regard to attending medicals i read that they ask how u travelled 2 it & if u travelled alone on public transport or did not have any1 with u then that also can count against u.

but of course this is all hear say

martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #68551 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re:CFS moving from IB to ESA
yes it mean i now need 2 attend work focused interviews about trying 2 get me back 2 work. this is why im considering appealing 2 b moved in2 the support group.

my esa benefit is exactly the same as my incapacity & income support. iv neither lost or gained any money.

it can take a long time 2 explain how each day is different especially in answer 2 the questions asked. what i did was just describe my different days in the other information section.

martin

More
12 years 7 months ago #68553 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:CFS moving from IB to ESA
greeneyedlad wrote:

i think i read that somewhere, cant remember where. i certainly didnt mean that u should do that in order to make ur illness sound worse.

also with regard to attending medicals i read that they ask how u travelled 2 it & if u travelled alone on public transport or did not have any1 with u then that also can count against u.

martin

You certainly need to be aware of the assumptions that the ATOS "doctor" will make with regard to certain activities, but only when they are relevant to your claim.

Using your examnple, if you are claiming that you have problems mobilising and are able to travel to the medical on public transport, this might count against you. However, if your issues are due to deafness, this may not be relevant.

You can read more about these issues in the WCA Handbook in the Members Only area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #68554 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:CFS moving from IB to ESA
greeneyedlad wrote:

martin

Hi GEL,

I think the best way to look at attending a face to face assessment at an ATOS medical centre, is to take it that the assessment begins when you leave home, and finishes when you return home.

In other words all aspects of return travel and finding the centre, and entering and leaving the centre, as well as what happens in the centre, are used as evidence in the making of the assessment.

cheers

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by bro58. Reason: of

• itsme
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #68555 by itsme
Replied by itsme on topic Re:CFS moving from IB to ESA
Is the benefit you recieve once placed in WRAG only for a certain time-scale only eg a year? If not, is the only difference between the 2 ESA groups that one you have to attend 6 meeting and the other you don't have to attend anything?! Surely not!?
I dread being placed in the WRAG as i attended meeting to discuss what types of work i could maybe do a few years ago and it was a total waste of time, even the lady i was having the meetings with thought so.

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #68558 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:CFS moving from IB to ESA
itsme wrote:

Is the benefit you recieve once placed in WRAG only for a certain time-scale only eg a year? If not, is the only difference between the 2 ESA groups that one you have to attend 6 meeting and the other you don't have to attend anything?! Surely not!?
I dread being placed in the WRAG as i attended meeting to discuss what types of work i could maybe do a few years ago and it was a total waste of time, even the lady i was having the meetings with thought so.

Hi IM,

An award of ESA WRAG, or ESA Support Group, will be subject to re-assessments at intervals decided when an assessment is carried out.

In other words an award of WRAG could be with a recommendation of a review in say 6 months etc, etc.

Theorectically claimants in the support group should have longer periods in between re-assessments.

Claimants in the WRAG have been assessed as being able to return to work in the near to mid term future, with the help of the WFI's or WRA.

The claimants in the support group are not expected to be able to return to work in the long term.

So the length of award will only be known, when each award is made, one would have to request copies of the ATOS medical report, and the written statement of reasons after the notification of award to find out the expected re-assessment date.

I think the 12 months that you quote is to do with the new legislation that is currently in the Lords.

See this thread :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=68419#68419

Don't forget that WFI's can be done over the phone or deferred.

cheers

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.