× Members

DLA Renewal and new ESA50 form

• theoldcastle
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #69662 by theoldcastle
DLA Renewal and new ESA50 form was created by theoldcastle
Hello this is my first post, my first query is this:
Have DLA Mobility Higher Rate, Care component Middle Rate, this is due for review next April ( after new award last year )
I have now been sent the new Esa50 form, will this mean that I will have to claim again next year when the DLA is up for renewal as well?
Or if I am awarded the claim with the new esa50 will that be it ?
Also the new form how many points do you need to have to qualify for benefit?
Many Thanks
Theoldcastle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago #69664 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:DLA Renewal and new ESA50 form
theoldcastle wrote:

Hello this is my first post, my first query is this:
Have DLA Mobility Higher Rate, Care component Middle Rate, this is due for review next April ( after new award last year )
I have now been sent the new Esa50 form, will this mean that I will have to claim again next year when the DLA is up for renewal as well?
Or if I am awarded the claim with the new esa50 will that be it ?
Also the new form how many points do you need to have to qualify for benefit?
Many Thanks
Theoldcastle.

Hi T, and welcome.

ESA and DLA are two totally separate allowances.

They both have different qualifying criteria.

Before filling in your ESA50, I would strongly recommend that you read all the ESA Guides that can be accessed from this link. :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

When you are assessed you may be found fit for work, or you may be placed in the WRAG, or the Support Group.

If you are awarded ESA, WRAG or Support Group, the expected date of reassessment will be determined by the prognosis given by the HCP in their report, this could vary from 3 months, to considerably longer, so you would only know the expected length of the ESA award once the current process was finished.

Once you have read all the ESA guides, please return to the forum, if you have any specific questions.

Hope this helps.

bro58

• theoldcastle
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #69665 by theoldcastle
Replied by theoldcastle on topic ESA50 Question again
Does the award depend on how many points you get per question? I was told that you needed 15 points to qualify, is that the whole of the form ?
I did the assesment questionare to see how many points awarded, and it came to 63, anyone know please? :dry:

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago #69666 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA50 Question again
theoldcastle wrote:

Does the award depend on how many points you get per question? I was told that you needed 15 points to qualify, is that the whole of the form ?
I did the assesment questionare to see how many points awarded, and it came to 63, anyone know please? :dry:

Hi T,

All your questions should be answered in the ESA Guides.

If you mean the ESA Test on here, that is only meant as a guide to members, it is the points that are awarded on your actual assessment that matter.

bro58

More
12 years 6 months ago #69668 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:ESA50 Question again
Note that you only get one lot of points for each question. Say, for example, that you could walk less than 50 meters and scored 15 points for that, you would not get any more points for that same descriptor.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• theoldcastle
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #69669 by theoldcastle
Replied by theoldcastle on topic Re:ESA50 Question again
Thank you Bro
Thats what I did, filled in the guide and it assesed me as having 63 points, amso stressed out witha ll this :(

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.