× Members

getting a p45 form

• helchis
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #71987 by helchis
getting a p45 form was created by helchis
hi when you transfer over from ib to esa and get in the support group is it right to get a p45 saying you ib benefit as ended and if so is there anything you need to do with it
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
12 years 5 months ago #71990 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: getting a p45 form
Yes, it is normal to get a P45. Keep it in case you need it for tax purposes, and do make sure that your ESA is now being paid.

• helchis
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #71993 by helchis
Replied by helchis on topic Re:getting a p45 form
thanks survivor is it best to ring and check regarding my esa then.do you have to take any parts of p45 to jobcentre

• Survivor
12 years 5 months ago #71994 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:getting a p45 form
You shouldn't need your P45 in order to get your ESA. The DWP will have its own copy on its computer system.

As for checking, I've read too many accounts on here about people not getting their ESA not to think it's worth checking. See if the money has come into your bank account.

• helchis
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #71996 by helchis
Replied by helchis on topic Re:getting a p45 form
Survivor wrote:

You shouldn't need your P45 in order to get your ESA. The DWP will have its own copy on its computer system.

As for checking, I've read too many accounts on here about people not getting their ESA not to think it's worth checking. See if the money has come into your bank account.

thanks survivor im not due my next payment till next week.what happens if its not paid,do you know whats happened to the people that didnt get paid
thanks again

• Survivor
12 years 5 months ago #71998 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:getting a p45 form
Administrative slips happen in every system, but it can take time to sort out if someone's entered the wrong data on the computer, so if your money doesn't come through, chase it.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.