× Members

getting a p45 form

• helchis
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #72005 by helchis
Replied by helchis on topic Re:getting a p45 form
so its more of a admin error rather than your benefits have stopped

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #72026 by citymike
Replied by citymike on topic Re:getting a p45 form
Hi Helchis,
My first payment due after receiving P45 did not get paid, i had to chase them up.
With regard to the P45 i think it will say on the form that you have to give part of it to your local JCP.

• harley
12 years 5 months ago #72030 by harley
Replied by harley on topic Re:getting a p45 form
Hi helchis,

I've just been on the phone about my transfer from IB to ESA, re: missing payment, I have now had things explained to me whether it' right or wrong who knows. I was on CB IB and have now been transfered to CB ESA in the support group on 4th October, I have received my P45 because my IB claim has been closed, and have been told just to keep it, if and when my CB ESA finishes I will receive another P45 when that ends. My payment will go in this Monday, but it is 2 weeks late, for which they have apologised. hope that helps.

More
12 years 5 months ago #72035 by Porridge
Replied by Porridge on topic Re:getting a p45 form
helchis wrote:

hi when you transfer over from ib to esa and get in the support group is it right to get a p45 saying you ib benefit as ended and if so is there anything you need to do with it
thanks

I didn't get a P45 when I switched over, do I need to worry about this? I also wrote asking for how long I would receive ESA, but received absolutely no reply. This was in June.

“There isn’t anyone who doesn’t appreciate kindness and compassion.” – Dalai Lama

More
12 years 5 months ago #72047 by Benson
Replied by Benson on topic Re:getting a p45 form
So this is quite normal then ? I got my P45 in the post today yet I have been put on to ESA WRAG. Do I just keep hold of it or do I need to do something with it ? The DWP didn't put anything in with it to say what it was all about.

• Survivor
12 years 5 months ago #72053 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:getting a p45 form
A P45 is just a form for tax purposes showing how much money you have been paid by a particular body/organisation and how much tax they have deducted. It's like a P60, except that a P60 is at the end of a tax year. The most common context in which people encounter a P45 is when they leave a job.

It's used in relation to filling out tax forms and also for giving to new employers to enable them to work out the tax code they use. If you stop getting a benefit because you are deemed fit for work, you might use it for this, but if you are transferred from one benefit to another, you will not need to submit it to the DWP because they already have the information.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.