× Members

First payment after transfering to esa from ib

• bro58
12 years 5 months ago #72546 by bro58
kittiwake wrote:

I have had a letter telling me I have been moved from ib to esa and payments start on 18th October but no payment details. Up to now ib has been paid 4 weekly on Friday, from replies here it seems it will be on a Monday in future, but will it still be 4 weekly?

Hi KW,

As different claimants have different pay cycles, on different days, the only way to be sure is to contact the DWP Benefits office that deals with your ESA.

cheers

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #72549 by Gordon
kittiwake wrote:

I have had a letter telling me I have been moved from ib to esa and payments start on 18th October but no payment details. Up to now ib has been paid 4 weekly on Friday, from replies here it seems it will be on a Monday in future, but will it still be 4 weekly?

ESA is normally paid fortnightly in arrears, the day payment is made is determined using the last two digit of your National Insurance Number.

00 to 19 Monday
20 to 39 Tuesday
40 to 59 Wednesday
60 to 79 Thursday
80 to 99 Friday

source:
www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch46.pdf 46022 & 47023

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

• kittiwake
12 years 5 months ago #72550 by kittiwake
Many thanks, its definitely on a Monday using this.

• bro58
12 years 5 months ago #72551 by bro58
Gordon wrote:

kittiwake wrote:

ESA is normally paid fortnightly is arrears, the day payment is made is determined using the last two digit of your National Insurance Number.

00 to 19 Monday
20 to 39 Tuesday
40 to 59 Wednesday
60 to 79 Thursday
80 to 99 Friday

source:
www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch46.pdf 46022 & 47023

Thanks for posting this doc Gordon, straight into the data bank. :)

cheers

bro58

More
12 years 5 months ago #72552 by slugsta
That is helpful, Gordon, thank you. My assessment rate ESA should start from this week and, going by what you have posted, my payday should be Friday.

Note that I have said 'should' in each case ...

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• kittiwake
12 years 5 months ago #72607 by kittiwake
Just an update to my earlier post - received my first payment of ESA today, so it is now paid fortnightly on a Monday.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.