× Members

WRAG Group, No Medical But Contribution Based.

More
12 years 5 months ago #73102 by citymike
Hi Article,
I am in the same situation, my money will stop next August.
I am supposed to be reviewed again next May.
I did not appeal this time as i could not face all the aggro involved, however if i do not get put in the support group next time i will appeal, and my GP has said he will support me.
I have contacted my MP, and my wife has written to her asking how and why she should have to support both of us on an income of £16000 a year gross.
My MP wrote to the Minister in July, still awaiting a reply, seems they dont care.
Try to keep calm and just hope that someone somewhere realises what effect this will have on the sick and disabled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #73142 by article
Mike thanks for the reply.

Its a disgrace isnt it. i feel like my lifes been on pause now for 2 months and I still have probably a further 12 to 15 months to go. Its sick.

MPs having no effect aswel. Ohh dear that was an area i was going to go through.

Ive been reading up on the 2 appeal documents, one the DWP and the other the B @W one.

Starting a new header.

Kind regards, A.

hope things work out well.

More
12 years 5 months ago #73143 by TCP
I am so sorry to hear about you and your husbands situation, janymac and I hope that with good advice from CAB etc, that you will get sorted out. I've a progressive illness and have my first work-related interview soon. I am appealing and I think it is disgusting that people like us are having to go through this. I wish you well

TC

• Mark Sutton
12 years 5 months ago #73171 by Mark Sutton
Replied by Mark Sutton on topic Re:WRAG Group, No Medical But Contribution Based.
article wrote:

Pete 17971, what on earth are U supposed to live on if like in my case you dont have any savings??.

I thought that if you had no savings or other income, then you'd be entitled to income-based ESA after a year, when your contribution-based ESA runs out.

Or if you're already receiving income-based ESA, you'll just continue getting it indefinitely (assuming you stay in the WRAG).

Have I got it wrong?

More
12 years 5 months ago #73175 by Gordon
No you haven't :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Mark Sutton
12 years 5 months ago #73177 by Mark Sutton
Replied by Mark Sutton on topic Re:WRAG Group, No Medical But Contribution Based.
Gordon wrote:

No you haven't :)

Gordon

Thanks, Gordon. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.