× Members

Three assessments in a year.

• bittersweet
12 years 5 months ago #73298 by bittersweet
Replied by bittersweet on topic Re:Three assessments in a year.
Drabman, I've got bi polar and BPD and can relate to every thing you say. I got a letter today saying I've been put in the SG after I appealed against decision to put me in the WRAG, DWP reconsidered it. Although I feel a slight relief, I know that the whole process will start again at some point as I had my assessment in August. My mental health has worsened because of the stress of it all. I'd also recommend getting in touch with MIND or maybe RETHINK to see if they can offer support, don't know if you've a CPN to help you?
All the best drabman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 5 months ago #73304 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:Three assessments in a year.
bittersweet wrote:

Drabman, I've got bi polar and BPD and can relate to every thing you say. I got a letter today saying I've been put in the SG after I appealed against decision to put me in the WRAG, DWP reconsidered it. Although I feel a slight relief, I know that the whole process will start again at some point as I had my assessment in August. My mental health has worsened because of the stress of it all. I'd also recommend getting in touch with MIND or maybe RETHINK to see if they can offer support, don't know if you've a CPN to help you?
All the best drabman

Thanks bittersweet for your post

I have given a link to Rethink here -

www.rethink.org/ phone 0300 5000 927

Michael

• Mark Sutton
12 years 5 months ago #73320 by Mark Sutton
Replied by Mark Sutton on topic Re:Three assessments in a year.
drabman wrote:

I'm sorry if I seem negative and you are wondering why I'm posting.

Not at all!

I'm sure many of us have experienced similar feelings. I can certainly sympathise.

I agree with michaelg's advice.

You need an advocate. There's no way you should be having to deal with all this stress by yourself.

On the positive side, if I understand correctly the point that Gordon often makes - that once you're awarded IB or ESA the burden of proof is on the DWP if they intend to stop it - the same should be true of support group status.

As you've been placed in the support group, the DWP will surely have to prove that your health has improved if they wish to "downgrade" your status.

A good advocate should be able to prevent that happening, taking into account all you've said about your harrowing circumstances.

Anyway, you're really not alone as great help and support is always available here and from MIND, no doubt, as michaelg suggests.

I wish you the very best of luck! :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #73327 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:Three assessments in a year.
I wrote a reply of support for drabman and am surprised it has not been posted. Would someone please let me know. I did read the link, but still don't know why other supporting comments are up but not mine.
cmarie

• michaelg
12 years 5 months ago #73330 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:Three assessments in a year.
cmarie510 wrote:

I wrote a reply of support for drabman and am surprised it has not been posted. Would someone please let me know. I did read the link, but still don't know why other supporting comments are up but not mine.
cmarie

Hi cmarie

Whilst your post may have been intended as supportive to the OP, it wasn't possible to post it, as it contained incorrect references to the help we are able to offer on this site, which is help with the benefits we deal with, help with the site and help with the B&W guides.

I'm sorry if you are dissapointed, with the decision taken.

Kind regards

Michael

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.