× Members

DLA

• claimant
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #73296 by claimant
DLA was created by claimant
Hi, I have a question that might seem unimportant, but I am wondering if this could affect the renewal of my DLA.. I have been claiming DLA for a number of years, but other than when I was first diagnosed with my illness and attended hospital for tests,I have not been to hospital often and am seen regularly by my doctor. I went for a medical the other week I have to wait a month to find out what if I will still get it. My doctor says he does not see them stopping it as I cannot work, but I told him that they are trying to get people off it. Does it matter if you are going to hospital often, or just seen by your G.P.? :huh

MOD EDIT. :

Hi C, I have changed your block capitals post to lower case, and also edited out your text speak.

This is because many members use screen readers, and block capitals come across as shouting, also the screen readers cannot make sense of the text speak.

Can you please post in lower case in future, and try not to use text speak.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #73299 by
Replied by on topic Re:DLA
claimant wrote:

Hi, I have a question that might seem unimportant, but I am wondering if this could affect the renewal of my DLA.. I have been claiming DLA for a number of years, but other than when I was first diagnosed with my illness and attended hospital for tests,I have not been to hospital often and am seen regularly by my doctor. I went for a medical the other week I have to wait a month to find out what if I will still get it. My doctor says he does not see them stopping it as I cannot work, but I told him that they are trying to get people off it. Does it matter if you are going to hospital often, or just seen by your G.P.? :huh

MOD EDIT. :

Hi C, I have changed your block capitals post to lower case, and also edited out your text speak.

This is because many members use screen readers, and block capitals come across as shouting, also the screen readers cannot make sense of the text speak.

bro58

Hi C,

Was the medical you had "the other week", for DLA or ESA?

bro58

• claimant
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #73305 by claimant
Replied by claimant on topic Re:DLA
hi bro58 it was for DLA.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #73306 by
claimant wrote:

MOD EDIT. :

bro58

Just to add,

Disregarding whether it is DLA or ESA, the important factor with regard to qualifying for either, is that your limitations/disabilities or needs as a result of your medical conditions fulfill the criteria of either allowance.

So the important issue is as above, and not whether you attend hospital on a regular basis.

DLA and ESA are totally different allowances with different qualifying criteria, however there are some crossovers and it has been known for a DWP Decision Maker to use an ESA medical report in coming to a decision of DLA award, or visa versa.

A problem could occur if something in an ESA medical report was contradictory to an award of DLA or visa versa.

I hope this answers your question.

cheers

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by .

• claimant
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #73308 by claimant
Replied by claimant on topic Re:DLA
thanks for answer bro58.

12 years 5 months ago #73309 by
claimant wrote:

thanks for answer bro58.

O.K. thanks C,

I wasn't sure as to which allowance the medical was for, as you mentioned work.

DLA is a non means tested allowance, and is classed as an "In work benefit", ( you can have employment appropriate to your award whilst in receipt of DLA)

Thanks for posting in lower case. :)

cheers

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.