× Members

Tribunal

More
12 years 3 months ago #80040 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Tribunal
Pedro

Sorry to hear your news, you can submit a new claim for DLA immediately.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pata1
12 years 3 months ago #80041 by pata1
Replied by pata1 on topic Re:Tribunal
Pedro1953 wrote:

Back from the Tribunal and got a unanimous refusal. To be honest the panel were fair with me and gave me every opportunity to state my case. I just don't know what else I could have said..

Thanks for the replies, especially yours Jim. I will take note of what you say the next time I apply.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Sorry to hear of your failed appeal. Did you use our guides to help you complete your claim pack and our guide to DLA appeals.

If not, and you feel your illness/disability is bad enough to warrant an award of DLA, then I'd follow Gordon's advice and make a new claim as soon as possible.

Regretfully DWP Decision Makers don't always study the case papers with enough detail. If they did, they'd be less appeals.

Best wishes.

Pat

• katerina
12 years 3 months ago #80072 by katerina
Replied by katerina on topic Re:Tribunal
hi Gordon i would be very greatful for your advise, went for E.S.A. med in november got 12 points appealed and date for friday 27th for tribunel and very anxous. I suffer with chronic O.A. on my feet and ankles had lots of surgery been left with broken pins that cant be removed as would cause more damage have bone cysts too and terrible nerve damage to add to it. Im also severley deppressed and see a shrink who put me on meds as i have been suicidal. ive not managed to gather up any medical evid and will be going to the tribunel with out support im so anxous and dont think i can face the agro,will they aske me to come back at a later date with medical evi. ATOS did not even bother to aske my G.P.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80080 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Tribunal
Katerina

It is possible that the Tribunal will be adjourned because you have not submitted any evidence.

Are you able to take phone calls? The clerk of the court may try to contact you before the hearing if the case is being adjourned.

Forgive me for asking, you dont appear to be as well prepared for this hearing as you might, are you sure that you can face this on your own?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 3 months ago #80257 by Pedro1953
Replied by Pedro1953 on topic Re:Tribunal
Hi all
Replies to a few questions.
I used all the help from this site that I could including the Appeal notes and tribunal notes. I will be sending a new application in as soon as I can.
I thank all the people on this site for their help. I will let you know if and when I have some news.

Pete

• katerina
12 years 3 months ago #80318 by katerina
Replied by katerina on topic Re:Tribunal
Hi Gordon,ive not been contacted by the tribunel about sending in any medical evidense i have made a phone call to the clerk and its still going ahead for tomorrow morning. I will be taking with me proof of a letter and my appointment card from attending my Psychiatrist for my mental haelth issues, and medication too.The ATOS so called nurse has stated that i suffer from musculor skelotor dissorder and scored me 12 points, yes true, but thats due to chronic osteoarthritis multiple major surgery wound infection and nerve damage and so on.I am hoping they will take my word for it. Whats your advise?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.