× Members

DLA & ESA Tribunal dates

More
12 years 3 months ago #77477 by carruthers
Replied by carruthers on topic Re:DLA & ESA Tribunal dates
Crazydiamond wrote:

Another important factor is that the appeal tribunals will only be able to look down to the date of the decisions under appeal, and the longer it takes to hold the appeal hearings this may distort the facts to the extent that it may be difficult to recall them accurately well over a year since the adverse decisions were made, putting the appellant into an altogether disadvantageous position that it may very well impact adversely on the outcome of the appeals under consideration?

Perhaps this would be another good reason for including audio recording of an assessment as a matter of routine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #77478 by TCP
Replied by TCP on topic Re:DLA & ESA Tribunal dates
I've been told 12 months plus for my ESA appeal.

More
12 years 2 months ago #78577 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Re:DLA & ESA Tribunal dates
Update for you.

I complained to the Tribunals service about the excessive time I had been quoted before my cases would be heard.

Got a reply within 10 days which is excellent considering time of the year to advise me that my papers would be placed in front of a Judge to see if my cases qualified for an early hearing based on the evidence provided.

So, just waiting to hear next what is happening.

Letter to Chris Grayling was a waste of time, got a reply from one of his side kicks that was a waste of paper as all it did was bleat on about what the Government was doing to make sure benefits were targeted at those eligible and that was it.

Lisa

More
12 years 2 months ago #78578 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Re:DLA & ESA Tribunal dates
How spooky is this?

Postman has just been and I received the following:-

The Judge has directed me to deal with your appeal as a matter of urgency.

Got the same letter for both ESA and DLA appeals.

Now, that either means the Judge thinks I have a great case or a rubbish case I suppose !

In the same mail I have received a date for my DLA appeal but not my ESA appeal.

Just waiting on Law Centre now arranging an appointment as I have legal representation on both of these.

Lisa

• stevie 69
12 years 2 months ago #78585 by stevie 69
Replied by stevie 69 on topic Re:DLA & ESA Tribunal dates
It seems to be that if you shout loudly enough and make a bit of noise you do get results,the downside is of course if you go to the top of the queue some else is put back.
It is obvious that if the gov create more work transfering claimants from IB to ESA and then cut staff at DWP it is going to result in longer waiting times for tribunals and appeals,the only conclusion is that the government is thinking only of saving money, they need reminding that we are real people trying to deal with a very confusing system.
I am lucky I have been waiting since Nov 1st 2011 for my first ESA medical assessment and with luck I hope to be back at work by Easter.
Best of luck with your appeals,

steve
:)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.