× Members

IB to ESA transger for 60+

More
12 years 2 months ago #78736 by mogseye
IB to ESA transger for 60+ was created by mogseye
Forgive me if this qusetion has already been addressed but I can't see anything on the site.

I've just turned 60 and noticed from one of the downloadable documents that anyone who is within 2 years of pensionable age is exempt from the transfer from IB to Esa. Now if I were female I would be of pensionable age in Sept 2013 as the pension age for women has increased to 61. My question is, in this age of sex equality would this exemption apply to me a man or is this a case of sex discrimination?

Looking on the DWP site I note that as from Sept 2013 I could claim pension credit even though my pensionable age isn't until 65. I also note that I would be able to claim winter fuel allowance Sept 2013 and get a bus pass.

So it would seem that sex equality is apparent for somethings but no where, even trying to wade through the ESA act 2008 is this made clear. Has anyone else been here.

Thanks, Seasideguy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago #78737 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:IB to ESA transger for 60+
Seasideguy wrote:

Forgive me if this qusetion has already been addressed but I can't see anything on the site.

I've just turned 60 and noticed from one of the downloadable documents that anyone who is within 2 years of pensionable age is exempt from the transfer from IB to Esa. Now if I were female I would be of pensionable age in Sept 2013 as the pension age for women has increased to 61. My question is, in this age of sex equality would this exemption apply to me a man or is this a case of sex discrimination?

Looking on the DWP site I note that as from Sept 2013 I could claim pension credit even though my pensionable age isn't until 65. I also note that I would be able to claim winter fuel allowance Sept 2013 and get a bus pass.

So it would seem that sex equality is apparent for somethings but no where, even trying to wade through the ESA act 2008 is this made clear. Has anyone else been here.

Thanks, Seasideguy.

Hi SSG,

As you are new to the forum please see :

Welcome to Benefits and Work

And our FAQ's from here :

FAQ’s

You can access all our Guides from here :

All B&W Guides

With respect to Migration to ESA and State Pension Age see :

Who will be transferred?

If you have any further questions please post again.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.