What next..??

• carole
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79757 by carole
What next..?? was created by carole
I am at a loss as what to do NOW
I had A phone call (view my last post)
Stating I scored no points at atos med >(
That said a letter was in the post stating the reasons why.
Well recieved a brown envelope and in it was a reply envelope to job centre plus Birkenhead?? new one for me and a grey leaflet "if you think our decision is wrong " it has a pull off section at the back to appeal???
But NO report or anything else to appeal against .
I know i have only limited time after reading this site docs etc but I called them and they say I have been sent them please help what do I do...im in bits again..:((

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79766 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:What next..??
Hi Carole

The ESA65 statement of reasons doesn't contain reasons as such - it's basically a scoresheet.

You need to contact them and ask for your ESA85 medical report, but it's not necessary to receive it before lodging an appeal on the GL24 form. It is essential that you submit this form before one month from the date of your decision letter.

Good luck

Derek

• carole
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79770 by carole
Replied by carole on topic Re:What next..??
Thanks Derek but..the gl24 asks me why I disagree You must say why you disagree..How do I know what to say too that????
As I do not know what they have failed me on only got o points even though I have arachnoiditis (spinal cord injury)+ bulging discs They are also evidence that i have now got cysts on my spinal cord ..They calling me and my docs and MRI scan liars ... :angry: :blink: :(

• carole
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79773 by carole
PS Derek not even had a decision letter :(

More
12 years 2 months ago #79776 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:What next..??
carole wrote:

Thanks Derek but..the gl24 asks me why I disagree You must say why you disagree..How do I know what to say too that????
As I do not know what they have failed me on only got o points even though I have arachnoiditis (spinal cord injury)+ bulging discs They are also evidence that i have now got cysts on my spinal cord ..They calling me and my docs and MRI scan liars ... :angry: :blink: :(

Hi Carol

The answer to your first question is in the guides; it's not necessary to explain why you disagree in any detail and the guide gives examples of what to do.

You need to chase the DWP for this decision letter and if necessary you could make a formal complaint to the Customer Services Manager for the delay in sending the decision.

Good luck

Derek

• carole
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #79800 by carole
Oomg have just called esa again to ask for esa85 and indeed my decision letter a young man Named [Mod Edit, we can not publish peoples names] found it hard to believe that i did not receive this already...
But I have also had letter from council to say that housing benifit etc from oct 11 has been stopped arghhhh!!!! If I had not phoned esa asking for an update of my 20 week claim on assessment I would not even know that this decision had been made grrr!
I have asked to speak to a customer service manager to make a complaint have been told they will call me if not today indeed tomorrow...I tried this back in Dec11 to complain about the medical but NO ONE called me back and let it ride..Not this time Im furious...My oh my! I think im developing turettes here no dis to turettes sufferers but WTFECK.. :angry: :( :ohmy:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.