× Members

Can you spare 60 seconds to help with PIP

More
12 years 3 months ago #79928 by Steve Donnison
Can you spare 60 seconds to help with PIP was created by Steve Donnison
Hi All,

We're working on a survey to try to get a clearer picture of who the winners and losers are likely to be if personal independence payment(PIP) is introduced in its current form as a replacement for DLA.

We'd be very grateful if a few people would try the survey and let us know if there are any problems with it.

If you know how many points you assess yourself as scoring under PIP, the survey should literally take less than a minute.

You can find the survey here .

If you haven't tried assessing yourself for PIP yet, the points system is here .

We will be doing a simple self-test form for PIP, like the one we have for ESA, but it won't be available until next week.

Many thanks to anyone who can help. Please post any comments or problems with the survey in this thread.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #79930 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic Re: Can you spare 60 seconds to help with PIP
did that Steve Very helpful i hadnt realised the points descriptors were out yet thanks

More
12 years 3 months ago #79935 by sfros46
Replied by sfros46 on topic Re:Can you spare 60 seconds to help with PIP
This is very worrying - I only scored 4 points. I have Multiple Sclerosis and need my Motability Car to get around, I can walk 200 yards but can't carry bags of shopping back home, I'd have to use Taxi's as I can't use Public Transport due to balance problems. My worse case scenario is to end up on JSA and not be able to afford to travel to look for work.These reforms are going to be very divisive and cause a lot of resentment.

More
12 years 3 months ago #79937 by woodsie
Replied by woodsie on topic Re:Can you spare 60 seconds to help with PIP
Hi!
My main concern is whether my interpretation of what constitutes my needs is reflected in the decision that ATOS /DM come to.
In these draft discriptors; even though my only significant impairment is being severely sight impaired i scored enough to possibly reach the enhanced payment of both componants.
FOR CARE: This would be dependant on the cooking test to get additional points and whether i am expected to live on microwave meals for life although i might add how without assistance your meant to be able to follow the cooking instructions i dont know or is it just baked beans and soup.

But in the mobility section where it states needing assistance from a support dog to complete a familiar journey score 15 points; my concern about the final drafts of the legislation is they will bring into force such stringent qualifying criteria that the majority of visually impaired people that use a Guide dog will be excluded.

More
12 years 3 months ago #79951 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:Can you spare 60 seconds to help with PIP
Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. And please do bear in mind that there could still be significant changes to the points system - if sufficient pressure is brought to bear.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #79977 by bro58
Information for members.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris