× Members

ESA Appeal

• Mike
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80325 by Mike
ESA Appeal was created by Mike
I am due to attend my ESA Appeal tribunal in March 2012, if the panel say i am not entitled to esa, can i appeal again. I have had Fibromyalgia for over 3.5 years.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #80328 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA Appeal
Mike wrote:

I am due to attend my ESA Appeal tribunal in March 2012, if the panel say i am not entitled to esa, can i appeal again. I have had Fibromyalgia for over 3.5 years.
Thanks

Hi M,

You can only appeal a decision made at the First Tier Tribunal to the Upper Tier, on an "Error of Law" see :

What is an Error of Law?

If this was to be the case, you would first have to request a "Written Statement of Reasons", see :

Tribunals – Requesting a Statement of Reasons

As appealing to the Upper Tier is not straightforward, it would be advisable to obtain face to face advice, see :

Where to get advice?

See also :

Preparing for a Tribunal

It may help also if you review our FAQ's which includes a wealth of information from here :

FAQ’s

All our Guides are accessible from here :

All B&W Guides

Another alternative would be to make a fresh claim for ESA.

This can be done, if your medical conditions have deteriorated, or been added to, or 6 months or more has passed since the date of the adverse ESA decision that you have appealed.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• Mike
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80852 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Re:ESA Appeal
Many thanks for the info. M

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.