× Members

This is not fair (harassment

• bongbings
12 years 3 months ago #80802 by bongbings
Replied by bongbings on topic Re: This is not fair (harassment)
thanks, silly me .I have sent you an e mail to change name in future.
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80805 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Re: This is not fair (harassment)
i have done an esa test for myself and my daughter. I should be placed in the support group and so should my daughter but my daughter is luckly if you "knocks" on the work related door. I know that i myself are unable to return to work and as i have heart failure and my back condition will get worse to the point i will not be able to walk at all.

All so to the mods is this right: the atos doctor/nurse asked if my daughter had ever work and she had to say no as she has been looking after me since she left school so she told them that she was classed as a carer the atos doctor/nurse began a load of questions on what she does for me eg: dressing,pushing my wheel etc. my daughter told the atos doctor/nurse that yes she did but all this was encouraged by me and then she said if my daughter was paid CA! is this right? as when she has had a medical before she has been told the medical is about HER needs and what SHE can do. not what she does for me.
I'd be very grateful for you thoughts as if this right.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80806 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:This is not fair (harassment
Sandra

Unfortunately, the questions you refer to are perfectly reasonable.

If your daughter provides you with care then her actions in doing so are relevant to her condition(s).

As an example; if your daughter is claiming that she has problems lifting and moving objects, and yet is helping to lift you out of a chair as part of her caring duties, then clearly there is a discrepancy.

I hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 3 months ago #80807 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Re:This is not fair (harassment
my daughters claim is on mental heatlh grounds due the fact she is unable to go out alone or to social engements of any kind due to anxiety and panic attacks and needs encourgement to do anything helping me or not. i have to encourge her to get herself dressed,washed etc and ecourge her to help me too. she cant use public transport or use a telephone (due to the dwp) and i have to nearly drag her out of the house kicking and screaming and she is becoming agoraphibic.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80821 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Re:This is not fair (harassment
when we have gone to welfare rights they have told us that my daughter's medical is about her not about her being a carer as there is no encouragement involved with my carer what so ever.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80829 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:This is not fair (harassment
Sandra

I can only repeat what I have said before, that your daughter cares for you is a relevant fact for the assessment.

That does not mean in need be a negative one, but it is one you need to address.

The ATOS "doctor" will draw conclusions from your daughters caring activities, they will do this whether you think it reasonable or not.

I can only recommend that you think how to deal with these assumptions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.