× Members

extra room allowance

More
12 years 3 months ago #80866 by claimant
extra room allowance was created by claimant
hi everyone, I hope someone can help me with a question. I know that I can get an extra room allowance on the new LHA for a carer to come in and stay overnight (housing benefit). Is it also possible for me to get an extra allowance on top of this for another room so that I can set up a special exercise/fitness room. I suffer from blackouts and other things that I won't bore you with, but this makes me housebound, also someone is always around watching me so I never get any privacy. I think exercising will help me physically and mentally so effectively I need 2 extra rooms for this. One for the carer and one for the gym. What do you reckon, can anybody please,with the answer. many thanks, bottle....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80884 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:extra room allowance
botlle wrote:

hi everyone, I hope someone can help me with a question. I know that I can get an extra room allowance on the new LHA for a carer to come in and stay overnight (housing benefit). Is it also possible for me to get an extra allowance on top of this for another room so that I can set up a special exercise/fitness room. I suffer from blackouts and other things that I won't bore you with, but this makes me housebound, also someone is always around watching me so I never get any privacy. I think exercising will help me physically and mentally so effectively I need 2 extra rooms for this. One for the carer and one for the gym. What do you reckon, can anybody please,with the answer. many thanks, bottle....

Hi B,

I'm afraid the subject matter of your query, is not something that we advise on.

You may wish to contact your local housing authority, or seek advice from one of these potential sources :

Where to get advice?

As it appears that you are relatively new to the forum, and just in case that you haven’t already done so, it may help if you read :

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You can access our FAQ’s in the yellow Spotlight Area, at the top above the forum, from here :

FAQ’s

You can search the forums for previously posted topics from here :

Searching The Forum

You can access our ESA Guides from here :

ESA Guides

You can access our DLA Guides from here :

DLA Guides

You can access all our B&W Guides from here :

All B&W Guides

Information on Personal Independence Payment, (PIP) can be found here :

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

bro58

More
12 years 3 months ago #80953 by claimant
Replied by claimant on topic Re:extra room allowance
Many thanks for the information and I will take you're advice....many thanks and kindest regards..bottle

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.