× Members

Re:- "No ESA for claimants who want to appeal"

More
12 years 2 months ago #82115 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:-
Lyn wrote:

I am really confused about this now!

I thought you could claim ESA at assessment rate whislt waiting for your appeal.

Changes in the Welfare Reform Bill will mean that there will be a mandatory Reconsideration process before an appeal can be submitted, meaning that claimants looking to appeal a Fit for Work Decision will not receive ay payment until this process has completed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #82116 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:- "No ESA for claimants who want to appeal"
All this really scares me I'm afraid, as It will mean even more hardship for claimants trying to seek justice when it comes to their claims.

Trust the current regime to go down this route. I despair I really do.

I'm going to be responding to this proposal and I hope that as many people as possible will do the same, as well as spread the word to as many organizations as possible as I'm sure as with many other aspects of these 'reforms' most of the general public don't have a clue about what's awaiting them next year. :(

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #82119 by lonewolf6565
Replied by lonewolf6565 on topic Re:- "No ESA for claimants who want to appeal"
Of course it is scary and awful and people are not being made aware, which is why we need to arm ourselves with all necessary info and fight; fight hard. As I have said, it is making it near impossible to survive the appeals process by adding in this initial and open-ended phase without it *officially* being part of the appeals process, meaning payment can be denied. Sneaky and could be illegal.

Mods (as i initally emailed Steve about a couple of times..) can, in your opinion, we also use the "Hardship Provisions" of the 1975 Social Security Act to fight this?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #82120 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:- "No ESA for claimants who want to appeal"
I agree we all have to join together to bring this to the publics attention as well as fight this serious threat to, well democracy imo.

If only we could get the general public as worked up about this as say the whole recent workfare malarkey.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 2 months ago #82123 by lonewolf6565
Replied by lonewolf6565 on topic Re:- "No ESA for claimants who want to appeal"
I agree - feel a bit hurt tbh that they are not as worked up! I also hope that it may be possible to harness some of the public ill-feeling towards the NHS Bill also. We just need to persuade people to join the dots and see that none of this is isolated and that more and more people will be affected.

More
12 years 2 months ago #82181 by DaPa
Yesterday under this thread there was a discussion on the "Claimants not receiving payments whilst appealing".

It was suggested that it was to come into effect from April 2012.

A forum moderator posted that it would come in at the earliest April 2013 and would report back with further findings.

Is there anymore information on this available?

Regards.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.