× Members

PIP

More
12 years 2 months ago #82285 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:PIP
chrissy v wrote:

Thanks Gordon, thats good prep for the future, by the way my HRM was awarded in April 1992 for life. what a joke that might turn out to be 20 years on lol.

Sorry for my negativity Gordon, but i,am very stressed at the moment.

Chrissy V

With so many changes going on, it is not surprising :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #82290 by Gordon
Rachias

Details of the PIP Consultation are on the following link.

www.dwp.gov.uk/consultations/2012/pip.shtml

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #82299 by carruthers
Replied by carruthers on topic Re:PIP
Gordon wrote:

Motability are obviously aware of the changes involved in PIP, but I am not aware of changes to their requirements for a claimant to make use of there facilities, which is an HRM award of at least three years.

Gordon

Gordon, the conditions for Motability have changed in the last few years. The older changes were made, I believe, in response to the changes in the periods for which awards were being made.

Firstly, here is the Motability site position:

To lease a car through Motability you must have at least 12 months' award length remaining.

( Are you eligible? )

So we are no longer looking at the minimum 3-year award.

The standard lease is still for 3 years, however.

I think we have all heard of the second, recent, change whereby more expensive cars were ruled out of the scheme.

You have discussed the new practice of reclaiming the car when benefit is refused, without waiting for the outcome of an appeal.

BUT it's worth repeating that if you lose your benefit on transfer or renewal, then you may lose you car. If you do so, there is NO refund of the "Advance Payment" - the money some people put down to get a better "grade" or size of car.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 2 months ago #82303 by Gordon
Carruthers

Thanks for correcting my error regarding eligibility.

For anybody affected, the following FAQ has contact information for Motability, they always do their best to leave a car with the claimant, so it is worth contacting them.

Will I have to return my Motability car

Gordon

More
12 years 2 months ago #82320 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Re:PIP
Hi Gordon, hope i have,nt stirred up a hornets nest lol.

Maybe we will all end up getting everything, because in the end we may all be declared INSANE, and they don,t assess insane claimants according to the expert i know, needless to say they know nothing of me being on this site or my comments, and they never will, i too can play dirty tricks like they seem to be doing, only my tricks are less mobile and much more painful. ;)

More
12 years 2 months ago #82323 by carruthers
Replied by carruthers on topic Re:PIP
Gordon wrote:

For anybody affected, the following FAQ has contact information for Motability, they always do their best to leave a car with the claimant, so it is worth contacting them.

Will I have to return my Motability car

Gordon

Gordon, I was talking about my new Motability car at a local dealer's yesterday. I raised this point, and he said, "I deal with a lot of organisations and some of them are really bad," I think he included the DWP in the list, "but Motability are the most helpful people around. If they can find a way, they will. And that's true of anyone you speak to there."

One small ray of sunshine in the gloom.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.