× Members

ESA support group - renewal query

More
12 years 1 month ago #82817 by emmasmum
ESA support group - renewal query was created by emmasmum
Hello again

I'm filling in my renewal for ESA. I was put in the Support Group in September 11, for severe functional restriction, based on my last form and the evidence I submitted.

Is it appropriate (or not? :unsure: ) for me to use my first ESA HCP assessment sheet as an additional piece of evidence, where she recognised and stated that I do have severe function in mobilising?

Thanks for any help

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82824 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:ESA support group - renewal query
There would be no harm in sending a copy of the ESA85A and the evidence from your previous WCA to both Atos and the DWP, but the approved disability analyst (ADA) will be dealing with your circumstances at the time of the completion of the latest ESA50 at the assessment (if you have one), and not as they were in September 2011.

It may be the case that your ability to mobilise has deteriorated, stayed the same, or has improved since your last assessment, and this is the reason why there is an eagerness to review claimants' circumstances in such a relatively short period of time.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Crazydiamond. Reason: Additional info.

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82826 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA support group - renewal query
bobber31 wrote:

Hello again

I'm filling in my renewal for ESA. I was put in the Support Group in September 11, for severe functional restriction, based on my last form and the evidence I submitted.

Is it appropriate (or not? :unsure: ) for me to use my first ESA HCP assessment sheet as an additional piece of evidence, where she recognised and stated that I do have severe function in mobilising?

Thanks for any help

:)

Hi b31,

If the assessment sheet that you mention helps to prove that you still fulfill the SG qualifying criteria, and has no negative aspects, it should help in your re-assessment.

However, this current review will be assessing whether you still fulfill the SG qualifying criteria presently.

Don't forget that as you are currently in the SG, the "Burden of proof" is on the DWP DM to show that you no longer qualify for SG status.

In other words the DM would have to show that your resulting limitations from your medical conditions, have changed or diminished to such a level that you no longer fulfill the SG qualifying criteria.

Please do not take it for granted that the DWP/ATOS are aware of your current limitations because of your previous award, (even though they should be). In other words, go into as much detail as possible, as well as providing any fresh evidence that you may have.

This is why it helps to use the Pdf version on the ESA50, as you have an exact copy, which will be useful in future re-assessments, see :

Use Of The Interactive PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

How often will I be reviewed

Hope this helps.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82828 by emmasmum
Replied by emmasmum on topic Re:ESA support group - renewal query
Thanks for that. I need every bit of 'newer' evidence I can lay my hands on, as it will mostly be the same stuff as I submitted with the last ESA50 in Aug 11, as my conditions are all long term I dont have a lot of new stuff (other than a current letter from my GP letter).

Also, it did say in the latest WCA handbook that people in the Support group didnt have to go through re-referral Scrutiny when they reapplied - can you tell me what this actually means, please?
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82829 by emmasmum
Replied by emmasmum on topic Re:ESA support group - renewal query
Oh thanks for that bro58. Very useful!
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
12 years 1 month ago #82832 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:ESA support group - renewal query
bobber31 wrote:

Thanks for that. I need every bit of 'newer' evidence I can lay my hands on, as it will mostly be the same stuff as I submitted with the last ESA50 in Aug 11, as my conditions are all long term I dont have a lot of new stuff (other than a current letter from my GP letter).

Also, it did say in the latest WCA handbook that people in the Support group didnt have to go through re-referral Scrutiny when they reapplied - can you tell me what this actually means, please?

Can you quote the page/reference number from the WCA handbook?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.