× Members

Changing from Incapacity benefit to esa

• pjd
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 weeks ago #82927 by pjd
My incapacity benefit is due for 'renewal' in may, 2012. Can anyone tell me approx. when I should expect to receive my esa form, or 'telephone' call, or whatever it is that they will do next. Also, if I don't hear from them before may, will my money just stop. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #82931 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Changing from Incapacity benefit to esa
If you have a look at the FAQ below, you will see the answer to your first question.

You don't have to do anything until you have been contacted, your money will continue.

When will I be transferred?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Graham
12 years 2 weeks ago #82932 by Graham
Replied by Graham on topic Re:Changing from Incapacity benefit to esa
My IB was due for assessment in November 2011.
I have heard nothing from the agency about when I will be sent my new assessment forms.
However, I understand there is a very long bag-log in the agency contacting people.

• pjd
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 weeks ago #82943 by pjd
Thanks for your reply. I thought that all people on incapacity benefit, who are changing over to esa, would be 'contacted' before the end of their renewal dates, and that the long delays were only during the esa claim form processing stage.

I guess I was being a bit naive. I was also worrying that if it was not being dealt with by May, then I would be left without any income. Are you saying that despite your renewal being last november, that you have still continued to receive your benefit.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #82946 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Re:Changing from Incapacity benefit to esa
The date on my IB for assessment was for 2015, however I heard from them and started all this long winded stuff from October 2011. ESA in WRAG started Dec 2011 now only for 1yr on CB ESA.
Incidently my last IB apt was in 2000 and was not due til 2015.

• bro58
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #82947 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Changing from Incapacity benefit to esa
pjd wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I thought that all people on incapacity benefit, who are changing over to esa, would be 'contacted' before the end of their renewal dates, and that the long delays were only during the esa claim form processing stage.

I guess I was being a bit naive. I was also worrying that if it was not being dealt with by May, then I would be left without any income. Are you saying that despite your renewal being last november, that you have still continued to receive your benefit.

Hi pjd,

That is the way it is supposed to happen, however there does seem to be a backlog with the migration process.

It could be anytime beween now and Spring 2014.

Claimants who are currently in receipt of IB, Income Support through sickness, and SDA, will continue to receive this until they are migrated over to ESA.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.