× Members

Changing from Incapacity benefit to esa

• pjd
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #82955 by pjd
Thanks. I guess its a relief to know that if it goes past my renewal date, then at least my income will continue for the time being.

You would think that they would be able to give you some idea of the waiting time though. How are they going through claims? Is it alphabetical, or is it the oldest being deal with first, or is it being done by specific areas?

Not that I am in any hurry to go through the stressful process, but the waiting game is stressing me out just as much. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #82957 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Changing from Incapacity benefit to esa
pjd wrote:

How are they going through claims?

My guess is that they have a monkey sticking pins into a list :laugh:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82959 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Changing from Incapacity benefit to esa
pjd wrote:

Thanks. I guess its a relief to know that if it goes past my renewal date, then at least my income will continue for the time being.

You would think that they would be able to give you some idea of the waiting time though. How are they going through claims? Is it alphabetical, or is it the oldest being deal with first, or is it being done by specific areas?

Not that I am in any hurry to go through the stressful process, but the waiting game is stressing me out just as much. :)

Hi pjd,

We are not aware of any system or pattern to when claimants are being migrated over to ESA.

The DWP have set up ESA Migration teams in different parts of the country.

At this time, they are supposed to be migrating around 11,000 claimants per week over to ESA. This is in addition to the DWP dealing with any fresh ESA claims.

No wonder there seems to be "gridlock" :)

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.