× Members

retirement age for incapacity benefit to ESA

More
12 years 1 day ago #86457 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic Re:retirement age for incapacity benefit to ESA
Gordon, I don't get it, as you wouldn't be on ESA if you were past state retirement age, as you'd get your pension, state or otherwise, so you wouldn't be asked to go for WFI s anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 day ago #86458 by Gordon
summertrain wrote:

Gordon, I don't get it, as you wouldn't be on ESA if you were past state retirement age, as you'd get your pension, state or otherwise, so you wouldn't be asked to go for WFI s anyway.

This is certainly true for a woman, but it would not be the case for men who currently retire later than a woman.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 day ago #86459 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Re:retirement age for incapacity benefit to ESA
Well even though i was born in 1953, my state pension age is,nt until March 2018 and i will be 64 and a half , so it looks like i,ll have to go through every assessment and medical thats thrown at me, wish retirement age came down instead of going up .

CV

• DennisM
12 years 18 hours ago #86464 by DennisM
Just to add more to the confusion, here's my experience so far with all these transfers and pension dates etc.

I was born in 1950, on my 60th birthday I was transfered from Income Support to Pension Credit but still in reciept of IB.

April this year was transfered to ESA Support Group and also awarded DLA HRM/HRC.
Personally I think they just do as they please regardless, on the hope no one appeals.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris