× Members

ib to esa transfer

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #119766 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ib to esa transfer

macker wrote: I received the appeal form and sent it off saying I was appealing, the DWP replied 13/2/2014 and said "we will look again at the decision and if appropriate , we will revise it" they went on to ask if I had further evidence which supported my appeal , to send it to them.IS THIS A MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION????ShouldI query this ?

Whether you are subject to a Mandatory Reconsideration will depend on the date of the Decision being challenged, if it was before 28 October 2013 then an MR is not required, if it was on or after, then an MR is usually needed.

According to your post the date of the Decision was 1 August 2013, so an MR is not required, however, the DWP will still carry out a Reconsideration of the Decision and if this is not successful they will pass your papers to the Tribunal Service for an appeal to be heard.

If you have any new evidence, that pertains to the date of the Decision, or can clarify any points raised by ATOS or the Decision Maker, then you can submit these to the process, you normally have four week to do this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• macker
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #119775 by macker
Replied by macker on topic ib to esa transfer
I was told in a DWP letter dated 4/2/2014 the decision was made to put me in the WRAG on the 20/06/2013 but not input till 01/08/2013 so this isn't a mandatory reconsideration.It also said that the writer had spoke to the "decision makers" and that "they are erring towards a favourable decision".
Can I ask them for a statement of reasons for the decision on 20/06/2013 now or should I wait for their reconsideration. I had a total hip replacement on the 13/10/2013 and this is the basis of my appeal. I have informed the DWP by phone soon after my operation, but havent told the "Dispute Resolution Team " at Perry Barr Benefit Centre who seem to be dealing with the reconsideration, but surely they will have access to this information. Very puzzled????
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by .

• macker
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 weeks ago #119781 by macker
Replied by macker on topic ib to esa transfer
I don't know any of the reasons why ATOS and the decision maker placed me in the WRAG , how many points I scored etc can I ask now? or have I missed the boat?

10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #119784 by
Replied by on topic ib to esa transfer

macker wrote: I was told in a DWP letter dated 4/2/2014 the decision was made to put me in the WRAG on the 20/06/2013 but not input till 01/08/2013 so this isn't a mandatory reconsideration.It also said that the writer had spoke to the "decision makers" and that "they are erring towards a favourable decision".
Can I ask them for a statement of reasons for the decision on 20/06/2013 now or should I wait for their reconsideration. I had a total hip replacement on the 13/10/2013 and this is the basis of my appeal. I have informed the DWP by phone soon after my operation, but havent told the "Dispute Resolution Team " at Perry Barr Benefit Centre who seem to be dealing with the reconsideration, but surely they will have access to this information. Very puzzled????

Hi m,

Yes, you can make a formal request for all documentation pertaining to The WRAG award of 20/06/13.

This can be done by issuing a SAR :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

This may take some time as once received, the DWP have 40 calender days to comply.

You should address the envelope to the office that is dealing with your ESA, FAO The Data Controller. Write DPA 1998 Request in top left corner of envelope.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by .

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #119788 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ib to esa transfer

macker wrote: Can I ask them for a statement of reasons for the decision on 20/06/2013 now or should I wait for their reconsideration. I had a total hip replacement on the 13/10/2013 and this is the basis of my appeal.

Am I missing something here? It is not possible to appeal based on events that occured after the decision. Have you had a more recent decision against which you are appealing? Or are you using your hip replacement as evidence of how severe your condition would have been prior to the surgery?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #119789 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ib to esa transfer
Macker

I am concerned that you say

I had a total hip replacement on the 13/10/2013 and this is the basis of my appeal

If the date of the Decision was 1/8/2013 then neither the DWP nor any Tribunal panel can consider any deterioration of your health that occurred after the Decision was made, they can only look at your health as it was at the time you were assessed.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.