× Members

Mandatory Work Programme

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #92645 by susan
Mandatory Work Programme was created by susan
Hi,
I am in the WRAG group and went for my first interview yesterday at the jobcentre (01/10/12) that wasn't too bad but what did shock me is to be told that the work programme is going to be mandatory within the next 3 months, don't see how I'm going to be able to do much of anything as my condition mainly affets my hands/fingers/wrists as well as other joints, now I have a valid fit note that says I'm not fit to work, I suffer from Psoriatic arthritis and infact it's really hurting to type atm but my question is have atos/dwp/jobcenter over ruled my doctor/consultant.I'm so confused about all this. :dry:

Susan
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92652 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Mandatory Work Programme
susan wrote:

Hi,
I am in the WRAG group and went for my first interview yesterday at the jobcentre (01/10/12) that wasn't too bad but what did shock me is to be told that the work programme is going to be mandatory within the next 3 months, don't see how I'm going to be able to do much of anything as my condition mainly affets my hands/fingers/wrists as well as other joints, now I have a valid fit note that says I'm not fit to work, I suffer from Psoriatic arthritis and infact it's really hurting to type atm but my question is have atos/dwp/jobcenter over ruled my doctor/consultant.I'm so confused about all this. :dry:

Susan

Hi S,

Disregarding what may or may not happen in the future,(We will keep members updated on any changes) as it stands being in the WRAG means that your are "Unfit for Work".

Therefore, at this time you cannot be compelled to actively seek or take up employment, see :

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

bro58

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92655 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Mandatory Work Programme
Hi again S,

As it appears that you are new to the forum, and just in case that you haven’t already done so, it may help if you read :

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You can access our FAQ’s in the yellow Spotlight Area, at the top above the forum, from here :

FAQ’s

In particular to you, :

ESA FAQ’s

You can search the forums for previously posted topics from here :

Searching The Forum

To see potential sources of advice, and representation, see :

Where to get advice?

You can access our ESA Guides from here :

ESA Guides

You can access our DLA Guides from here :

DLA Guides

You can access all our B&W Guides from here :

All B&W Guides

Information on Personal Independence Payment, (PIP) can be found here :

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris