× Members

ESA3 Form

• Aquarius
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #94300 by Aquarius
Replied by Aquarius on topic Re:ESA3 Form
Sorry Gordon but I'm not asking about how much I would be paid or about Carers allowance.

My query is a general one about the Earnings Disregard rule.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #94303 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA3 Form
Aquarius wrote:

Sorry Gordon but I'm not asking about how much I would be paid or about Carers allowance.

My query is a general one about the Earnings Disregard rule.

I appreciate that, what I am saying is that as Moderators we are not in a position to answer the specifics of what would or would not be taken as income, we would need to understand what you were being paid under the Transitional Protection, but more importantly why you were being paid it. For example; some parts of your old IB Payments may be analogous to ESA Premiums, and therefore may not count towards your income, whereas other may.

I understand it is frustrating, but we can only give general advice, there are too many variables for us to give specific advice, that you may then use to make Decisions on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 7 months ago #94304 by Gordon
Aquarius

Just to add, they are going to do the calculations from scratch, they won't be taking your ESA(CB) and the Transitional Protection payment and adding ESA(IR), they'll start from zero and work out how much you should be getting and then deduct things from that.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 7 months ago #94308 by Noodles
Replied by Noodles on topic Re:ESA3 Form
Excuse me barging in on this personal conversation(saves another thread), but we too recently received an ESA 3 form after receiving the news that we too where put into the ESA Support group without having to undergo a WCA 'Medical'. My wife filled it in,sent it off and today we received a letter from the DWP saying that our Benefit has now gone up ? :)

Would we be right in assuming that we now receive INCOME RELATED ESA,rather than the original Support Group 'Contribution' ESA ?

Hope that makes sense of :unsure:

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #94310 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:ESA3 Form
Noodles wrote:

Would we be right in assuming that we now receive INCOME RELATED ESA,rather than the original Support Group 'Contribution' ESA ?

Edit - clarified by Gordon

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 7 months ago #94311 by Gordon
Noodles wrote:

Excuse me barging in on this personal conversation(saves another thread), but we too recently received an ESA 3 form after receiving the news that we too where put into the ESA Support group without having to undergo a WCA 'Medical'. My wife filled it in,sent it off and today we received a letter from the DWP saying that our Benefit has now gone up ? :)

Hope that makes sense of :unsure:

No, you will most likely be receiving an ESA(IR) top up to your existing ESA(CB).

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.