× Members

How many people can you take to a ATOS medical

• sally-jane
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96179 by sally-jane
Just a quick query.

Although we now understand that one is permitted to have their ESA and DLA Medical recorded if one demands it.

Because this is time consuming and still rather difficult to obtain,could one then have present with them.

1.Partner/Carer
2.A short hand note taker to take notes from both parties.

Would this be permissable if one asked.

This is a cheap alternative and easier to read and understand back for all concerned.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #96185 by Gordon
pusscatsmum wrote:

Just a quick query.

Although we now understand that one is permitted to have their ESA and DLA Medical recorded if one demands it.

Because this is time consuming and still rather difficult to obtain,could one then have present with them.

1.Partner/Carer

This is a cheap alternative and easier to read and understand back for all concerned.

Just to be clear, there is no legal right to have your medical recorded.

Yes, you can have a companion with you and they can take notes if they wish, there is no requirment for you to notify ATOS in advance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• sally-jane
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96187 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Re:How many people can you take to a ATOS medical
Hi,
There was something on Rightsnet earlier today re recording which was useful and important to many who wish for a recording, but darn it I cannot find it.
So, I could take my hubby who is my carer AND a short hand note taker, 2 peole plus me.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

11 years 4 months ago #96188 by
pusscatsmum wrote:

Hi,
There was something on Rightsnet earlier today re recording which was useful and important to many who wish for a recording, but darn it I cannot find it.
So, I could take my hubby who is my carer AND a short hand note taker, 2 peole plus me.

Hi PCM,

Was it Re : our Benefits News Article, here ? :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/benefits-news/story/887

bro58

• sally-jane
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
11 years 4 months ago #96189 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Re:How many people can you take to a ATOS medical
yep bro58,thanks x

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96226 by carruthers
Replied by carruthers on topic Re:How many people can you take to a ATOS medical
Gordon wrote:

pusscatsmum wrote:

Just a quick query.

1.Partner/Carer

Just to be clear, there is no legal right to have your medical recorded.

Yes, you can have a companion with you and they can take notes if they wish, there is no requirment for you to notify ATOS in advance.

Gordon

Obvious answer is to request an audio recording and be prepared to have them cancel this appointment whilst they get hold of the equipment. Sometimes you have to be very persistent google "Jayne Linney" and WCA to see how this is done. With an audio recording, you shouldn't need to worry about note-taking.

(Side issue - if you are having your WCA recorded, make sure you speak loud enough for the machine to hear and say what you're doing in case the HCP says as little as possible, "As you can see I can't raise my legs more than 3 inches.")

There's all sorts of stuff about recording which seems to be changing, though it may take a long time to get through to staff at the Atos centres. I'm sure I read one account of a bloke who had taken two old portable cassette recorders in with him, done a few sensible checks and managed to get recordings that way.

Negotiation and persistence appear to be the order of the day, plus keeping up to date with the news on that front.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.