× Members

How many people can you take to a ATOS medical

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96247 by Gordon
Jim Allison wrote:

Re; legal right to record medical, see Benefits News dated 8 December 2012.

"…Legal advice has been obtained to confirm that the recording of medical assessments for claimants MUST BE allowed without unreasonable obstructions . The majority of the claimants who request that their medical assessment is recorded, do not have the financial means to provide the specified recording equipment "

In my opinion this would apply to both ESA or DLA medical assessments.

To be clear, this applies to the specific circumstances of a claimant wanting to record their assessment, rather than ATOS providing, or not (on the day) the facilities to record it, where the requirement from the DWP has been

Such a request can only be agreed with the prior consent of the HCP, and then only if stringent safeguards are in place to ensure that the recording is complete, accurate and that the facility is available for simultaneous copies to be made available to all parties present. The recording must be made by a professional operator, on equipment of a high standard, properly calibrated by a qualified engineer immediately prior to the recording being made. The equipment must have facility for reproduction so that all parties can retain a copy of the recording.

The responsibility for meeting the cost of the above requirement rests with the claimant.

We know from the experiences of a B&W member, that the DWP have not been able to enforce this, providing the claimant acts in a reasonable manner to provide the equipment necessary to record the interview.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #96248 by carruthers
Replied by carruthers on topic Re:How many people can you take to a ATOS medical
bro58 wrote:

pusscatsmum wrote:

In best interest terms, I shall demand if it is deemed that I require a medical when I next fill out the wonderful simple forms to have present both my husband who is my full time carer and a note taker to cover all eventualities.
However what one demands and what one gets is two diferent things!!!

Can I come PCM, we'll have a pinic, the ATOS HCP won't be invited though !!! :laugh:

bro58

Yes they will - I want them barbecued for our amusement.

More
11 years 4 months ago #96251 by carruthers
Replied by carruthers on topic Re:How many people can you take to a ATOS medical
Gordon wrote:

Jim Allison wrote:

Re; legal right to record medical, see Benefits News dated 8 December 2012.

"…Legal advice has been obtained to confirm that the recording of medical assessments for claimants MUST BE allowed without unreasonable obstructions . The majority of the claimants who request that their medical assessment is recorded, do not have the financial means to provide the specified recording equipment "

In my opinion this would apply to both ESA or DLA medical assessments.

To be clear, this applies to the specific circumstances of a claimant wanting to record their assessment, rather than ATOS providing, or not (on the day) the facilities to record it, where the requirement from the DWP has been

Such a request can only be agreed with the prior consent of the HCP, and then only if stringent safeguards are in place to ensure that the recording is complete, accurate and that the facility is available for simultaneous copies to be made available to all parties present. The recording must be made by a professional operator, on equipment of a high standard, properly calibrated by a qualified engineer immediately prior to the recording being made. The equipment must have facility for reproduction so that all parties can retain a copy of the recording.

The responsibility for meeting the cost of the above requirement rests with the claimant.

Gordon

the legal advice was

A number of complaints and enquiries from MPs have been about why medical assessments cannot be recorded. Due to this, Legal advice has been obtained to confirm that recording of assessments for the claimant must be allowed without unreasonable obstructions. The majority of the claimants who request that their medical assessment is recorded, do not have the financial means to provide the specified recording equipment.

www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/131400/re...h/4/RFP%2027.PDF.pdf

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.