× Members

Getting Respresentation at an appeal

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago #96784 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Getting Respresentation at an appeal

teresa wrote: I'm representing my 18 yr old daughter who suffers with cfs/m.e and other associated illnesses, we go to appeal on the 9th of this month, I have worked damm hard on collating all the evidence and trying to understand all that is required of us.I just hope it is enough and I don't let my daughter down.she receives the higher rate of mobility from dla but nothing for the care component. I too could not get a professional to represent her, without a shed load of money.....which if we had she wouldn't be asking for support!!

Good luck at the appeal hearing on the 9th T, hope all goes well. :)

Please let us know how you get on.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #96789 by Derekq
Replied by Derekq on topic Getting Respresentation at an appeal
Hello
Thanks Chafur47 for your info will take a look asap. :)

Teresa, I wish you the very best for the 9th :)

Regards, Derek
The following user(s) said Thank You: teresa36

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97116 by teresa36
Replied by teresa36 on topic Getting Respresentation at an appeal
Woo hoo!!! The appeal went in our favour :) very nerve racking experience and my poor daughter was totally wiped out at the experience. The panel consisted of three, judge, dr, and a rotti of a lady from disability, who was quite harsh.and a dwp person was present.
I wouldn't want to repeat the experience, but so glad I didn't cave in at the beginning of the paperwork mountain.oh and no representatives, just mom and daughter !
If you think you have a good case....go for it, but PREPARE well.good luck!
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97121 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Getting Respresentation at an appeal

teresa wrote: Woo hoo!!! The appeal went in our favour :) very nerve racking experience and my poor daughter was totally wiped out at the experience. The panel consisted of three, judge, dr, and a rotti of a lady from disability, who was quite harsh.and a dwp person was present.
I wouldn't want to repeat the experience, but so glad I didn't cave in at the beginning of the paperwork mountain.oh and no representatives, just mom and daughter !
If you think you have a good case....go for it, but PREPARE well.good luck!

Congratulations on the win.

You may be able to speed the process of back payment, etc., by sending a copy of the award notice to the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

• bro58
11 years 3 months ago #97123 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Getting Respresentation at an appeal
Great News T, :woohoo: :woohoo:

Well done on the successful appeal !!!

bro58

More
11 years 3 months ago #97125 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Getting Respresentation at an appeal
That is very good news, thank you for letting us know :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.