× Members

Work focused interview access issues

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #97929 by Pipp
Replied by Pipp on topic Work focused interview access issues
Cheers bro58

I am trying to see beyond the irony of celebrating the fact that I have been officially recognised as being to ill, disabled, (knackered and past it?) to even have to think about a return to work. If someone had told me 20 years ago that I would be so happy to be declared so impaired I would not have believed them.

I believe it was the common sense, and intervention of the JC+ adviser in the WFI that got things resolved so quickly. A task my MP failed 2 months ago. Just goes to show WFIs can be of use, and not all DWP employees are 'the enemy'.

I haven't been given any information other than that I am in the support group, but you have all taught me well, so in a few days if I have had no more information I will write to ask for details of what they used to reach the new decision, and the length of the award. Politely of course, but if that doesn't work I will risk waking the beast with a SAR. ;)

Thanks

PC
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #97933 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Work focused interview access issues

PC wrote: Cheers bro58

I am trying to see beyond the irony of celebrating the fact that I have been officially recognised as being to ill, disabled, (knackered and past it?) to even have to think about a return to work. If someone had told me 20 years ago that I would be so happy to be declared so impaired I would not have believed them.

I believe it was the common sense, and intervention of the JC+ adviser in the WFI that got things resolved so quickly. A task my MP failed 2 months ago. Just goes to show WFIs can be of use, and not all DWP employees are 'the enemy'.

I haven't been given any information other than that I am in the support group, but you have all taught me well, so in a few days if I have had no more information I will write to ask for details of what they used to reach the new decision, and the length of the award. Politely of course, but if that doesn't work I will risk waking the beast with a SAR. ;)

Thanks

PC

Yes PC,

It is a weird world where we now see being classed as suffering severe limitations, as winning some sort of "Jackpot" :laugh:

That unfortunately is the way things are now. :(

I feel that you have handled your own particular circumstances very well, and due to this, you have gained a successful outcome.

Bring on The SAR then !!!!! :laugh:

Cheers

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
11 years 1 month ago #99539 by Pipp
It would appear that I could be in support group with next review in 18 months. Well that is if I ignore the fact that the ESA 72, despite getting my name and NI number correct refers to me as "Mr PC" and not "Mrs PC".

I suppose I shouldn't grumble as it is an improvement on the previous errors of telling me I didn't need to send supporting evidence with my claim, sending me replies to my queries that were dated before I had sent them, using someone else's details and NI number in letters to me, and placing me in WRAG, despite my clearly meeting at least 2 of the descriptors for support group.

I think I will quit while I am in the lead!

Cheers

PC

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #99542 by bro58

PC wrote: It would appear that I could be in support group with next review in 18 months. Well that is if I ignore the fact that the ESA 72, despite getting my name and NI number correct refers to me as "Mr PC" and not "Mrs PC".

I suppose I shouldn't grumble as it is an improvement on the previous errors of telling me I didn't need to send supporting evidence with my claim, sending me replies to my queries that were dated before I had sent them, using someone else's details and NI number in letters to me, and placing me in WRAG, despite my clearly meeting at least 2 of the descriptors for support group.

I think I will quit while I am in the lead!

Cheers

PC

Yes Mr PC, :laugh:

Give yourself a well deserved rest.

bro58

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #99611 by Pipp
Thanks

Is it likely that I will need to have the document corrected if I need to present it as proof of my benefit though? For example to defer student loan repayment.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #99613 by bro58

PC wrote: Thanks

Is it likely that I will need to have the document corrected if I need to present it as proof of my benefit though? For example to defer student loan repayment.

Hi PC,

Knowing how things are, it may be advisable.

Hopefully, it "should" be a painless speedy ammendment. :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.