× Members

Work focused interview access issues

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97015 by Pipp
Replied by Pipp on topic Work focused interview access issues
Indeed! But, perversely, the fact that I am willing to protest, and put up a fight, despite it being such a chore whilst I am feeling so ill, and more than a little depressed by it all, could show that I do after all have some capacity to work, and ultimately disprove my claim that I should be in the support group!
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97020 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Work focused interview access issues

PC wrote: Indeed! But, perversely, the fact that I am willing to protest, and put up a fight, despite it being such a chore whilst I am feeling so ill, and more than a little depressed by it all, could show that I do after all have some capacity to work, and ultimately disprove my claim that I should be in the support group!

Yes PC,

You should consider all the pros and cons. As you are appealing to be placed into the SG, you are in fact claiming that you have Limited Capability for Work Related Activity, (LCWRA) which obviously includes WFI's.

There is nothing to stop someone complaining to your M.P. on your behalf.

bro58

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97021 by Pipp
That's another job for the gofer (he thinks I call him the gaffer :laugh: ) then. He isn't even entitled to carer benefit!

Cheers bro58, would be lost without B&W.

• bro58
11 years 3 months ago #97022 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Work focused interview access issues

PC wrote: That's another job for the gofer (he thinks I call him the gaffer :laugh: ) then. He isn't even entitled to carer benefit!

Cheers bro58, would be lost without B&W.

:laugh: :laugh:

Keep us updated PC.

bro58

More
11 years 3 months ago #97024 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Work focused interview access issues

PC wrote: That's another job for the gofer (he thinks I call him the gaffer :laugh: )

:laugh:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 3 months ago #97614 by Pipp
I went to my first wfi this week. Glad I did.

To recap, I had been offered the chance to defer the wfi for 3 months. This was mainly due to JC+ not being able to meet my access needs. I declined the offer to defer, as since starting the transfer from IB to ESA last summer, and starting an appeal after benig placed in WRAG I have not had any face to face contact with anyone from DWP or ATOS. I wanted someone from one of these agencies to look me in the eye and still tell me I should be inWRAG.

I did not take my wheelchair, as I had been informed of the lack of space. Luckily we managed to park the car nearby, (there is no car park at JC+) and my husband helped me into the building.
The DWP adviser was very apologetic for being unable to meet my access needs. Apparently I am not being discriminated against regarding toilet facilities because there are no toilets available to any of their 'customer' whether able bodied or disabled. The staff usually tell people to ask to use the toilets at the pub round the corner!

The adviser acknowledged that in her opinion I should be in support group. She checked that I had appealed, then sent a detailed email to the DWP office where Decision Maker works. She was shocked that the decision had been made to put me in WRAG without considering my responses to the ESA form, or anyone from Atos or DWP confirming my responses with the GP or other medical professionals I see regularly. She asked the DWP to contact me the same morning by phone, to explain why there had been an inadequate response to my SAR, why I had not been provided with all of the information used to reach the decision to put me in WRAG, and said she wanted them to prioritise my reconsideration, as she believed that my health is worsening due to the stress caused by the delay. She also gave me some very useful advice on what I should include in a letter of complaint to DWP including the fact that as they had told me they had used information from my GP when they hadn't contacted him, they should reimburse me the fee I paid to the GP to access my medical records.

Result? I received a call from DWP within the hour, Informing me that my claim had been prioritised and I would receive a letter within a week to let me know the outcome.

All in all a positive experience.

PC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brightskies2009, MariW

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.