× Members

ESA and Regulations 29 and 35

More
11 years 2 months ago #97569 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and Regulations 29 and 35
Lorraine

Just to pick up on a point from one of your earlier posts, being a Carer does not excuse you from attending WFIs, but you cannot be asked to perform Work Related Activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #97574 by Lorraine
Replied by Lorraine on topic ESA and Regulations 29 and 35

Gordon wrote: Lorraine

Just to pick up on a point from one of your earlier posts, being a Carer does not excuse you from attending WFIs, but you cannot be asked to perform Work Related Activity.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon of course you are right.....Luckly I have an understanding advisor.

• pjd
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #97577 by pjd
Replied by pjd on topic ESA and Regulations 29 and 35
Hi,

I was just wondering iif it is worth getting your gp to make reference to regulation 35 (support group) and say patient has limited capability for work related activity in a support letter, which is to be sent along with the esa form. Or is it too soon to do this?.

Thanks. (hope ive worded this right0
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

• pjd
11 years 2 months ago #97579 by pjd
Replied by pjd on topic ESA and Regulations 29 and 35
Lorraine,

I forget to say good luck with your appeal. I am also an m.e. sufferer but I am at the beginning of the process.

:)

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #97580 by
Replied by on topic ESA and Regulations 29 and 35

pjd wrote: Hi,

I was just wondering iif it is worth getting your gp to make reference to regulation 35 (support group) and say patient has limited capability for work related activity in a support letter, which is to be sent along with the esa form. Or is it too soon to do this?.

Hi L and pjd,

If a G.P. was simply to more or less copy Reg 35 verbatim, it may not necessary help, other than the fact that ATOS/DWP would have been pre-warned.

To have a better impact the G.P. and/or claimant would have to provide evidence and detail of how and why there would be "Substantial Risk" involved, for the claimant or others.

bro58

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #97581 by Lorraine
Replied by Lorraine on topic ESA and Regulations 29 and 35

pjd wrote: Hi,

I have been assessed and put in WRAG already hun after sending in my ESA (I was transfered from IB), I am appealing so want to get GP to send a letter stating the regs to help me get into support group.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.