× Members

ESA Queries

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98484 by nofuss
Replied by nofuss on topic ESA Queries
Thank you, bro58, for all your help - I am pleased to know that they send out the ESA50s automatically; had wondered/feared that it might be a case of, if the claimant didn't take the initiative, then after a period ot time - through default - they would have lost the eligiblity...I've become so wary and cynical re these things :( ....Which leads on to another thought/question....

To your knowledge do those being transferred to ESA from IB always receive an ESA50 to complete or do some people get transferred - most probably into the CB WRAG - without having to fill one out? (Possibly with the DWP hoping that transferees might not realise that the CB WRAG is time limited and, by the time they realise, the window for an appeal to try to get into the Support Group will have long gone?) I did a forum search on this, but could only find a thread that talked about ESA to IB [after filling out an ESA50] without having to go for a medical, so sorry if it's been discussed before.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago #98493 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Queries

nofuss wrote: Thank you, bro58, for all your help - I am pleased to know that they send out the ESA50s automatically; had wondered/feared that it might be a case of, if the claimant didn't take the initiative, then after a period ot time - through default - they would have lost the eligiblity...I've become so wary and cynical re these things :( ....Which leads on to another thought/question....

To your knowledge do those being transferred to ESA from IB always receive an ESA50 to complete or do some people get transferred - most probably into the CB WRAG - without having to fill one out? (Possibly with the DWP hoping that transferees might not realise that the CB WRAG is time limited and, by the time they realise, the window for an appeal to try to get into the Support Group will have long gone?) I did a forum search on this, but could only find a thread that talked about ESA to IB [after filling out an ESA50] without having to go for a medical, so sorry if it's been discussed before.

Hi ns,

In the vast majority of cases an ESA50 will be sent to the claimant, except for a few situation such as terminal illness, etc, so I would expect to receive one.

Have a look at : The Transfer Process from our : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.