× Members

ATOS Medical

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97915 by lolbol
ATOS Medical was created by lolbol
Please help!!! My husband is currently in receipt of IB. We completed the questionaire and returned it to ATOS. They have now requested that he attend a medical on 7/2/13. He has a number of Mental Health problems ie OCD, Depression, panic attacks the list is enless.

Could anybody tell me what to expect?

Thankyou
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #97916 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS Medical

Lauren wrote: Please help!!! My husband is currently in receipt of IB. We completed the questionaire and returned it to ATOS. They have now requested that he attend a medical on 7/2/13. He has a number of Mental Health problems ie OCD, Depression, panic attacks the list is enless.

Could anybody tell me what to expect?

Thankyou

The following FAQ will give you some idea of what will happen and the questions he is likely to be asked.

ESA Medical – What to expect

As your husband has mental health issues there may also be questions related to this, it is unlikely that there will be a physical examination, and even if there is it will not go much beyond a few simple excersies and possibly a blood pressure test.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lolbol

• bro58
11 years 3 months ago #97926 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ATOS Medical
Hi L,

There is further information on the ATOS website, here : www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants

You should be aware, that how your husband manages to travel to and from the assessment will be taken into account, in effect this is part of the assessment itself.

Observations and resulting assumptions will be made by the ATOS HCP from the time that he enters the building, until he leaves.

He does have the right to be accompanied by a companion/carer, who can take notes if they wish to.

Good luck. :)

bro58

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98234 by lolbol
Replied by lolbol on topic ATOS Medical
Thankyou for your reply. I will be attending with my husband as he will not go out alone. Would it be worth while getting copies of letters that my husbands Physichiatrist has sent to his GP?

Thankyou
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98239 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ATOS Medical

Lauren wrote: Thankyou for your reply. I will be attending with my husband as he will not go out alone. Would it be worth while getting copies of letters that my husbands Physichiatrist has sent to his GP?

Thankyou

Hi L,

You could try and obtain them in time for the 7/02/13, and take copies to the assessment.

You could then hand them to the ATOS HCP before the assessment starts, they are "Supposed " to read them.

Ideally any evidence that substantiated your husband's condition, and helped to show that he suffers the limitations that would qualify him for an award of ESA, should have been sent along with the ESA50.

If you can now obtain copies of such evidence, you could also post it to ATOS at the same address as the ESA50 was returned to, and also send copy FAO The ESA Decision Maker, at the address of The Benefits Office/Centre that you will have on any of your ESA letters.

See : Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Don't forget, only send/provide copies, put hubbies name, NI Number and DOB at the top of any seperate pages. You may also wish to put in a covering letter, stating that you wish this extra evidence to be taken into account along with The ESA50.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98244 by lolbol
Replied by lolbol on topic ATOS Medical
Thank you for your reply, I am finding this website very helpful.

I must say though that I am in shock after reading on this website that after claiming ESA for 365 days my husband will be entitled to no help. Reason being I work 27 hours pw, DWP say that I will then have to "keep" my husband. This is disgusting, I have 2 young children, cant work full time as I have to look after my husband. I understand that I will be able to claim extra Tax Credits which makes me laugh. HMRC work a year in arrers, so does that mean that I will not get any other help for a whole year?

I thought people with a disability were being helped? My mistake, people on JSA have no limits for how long they can claim. Something wrong somewhere.

Rant over!!! :angry:

Thanks Lauren

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.