× Members

ATOS Medical

More
11 years 2 months ago #98302 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ATOS Medical
Hi Lauren,

I have 2 points to make in response to your post.

Firstly, it is only time in the Work Related Activity Group that is limited to 365 days, the Support Group is not tme limited.

Secondly, I understand that it is possible to ask Tax Credits to work on this year's expected figures, rather than last year's.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brightskies2009, lolbol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98315 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS Medical

Lauren wrote: I thought people with a disability were being helped? My mistake, people on JSA have no limits for how long they can claim. Something wrong somewhere.

Rant over!!! :angry:

Contribution Based JSA is limited to 6 months and the eligibility for Income Related JSA is substantially the same as ESA(IR).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brightskies2009, lolbol

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98654 by lolbol
Replied by lolbol on topic ATOS Medical

Lauren wrote: Please help!!! My husband is currently in receipt of IB. We completed the questionaire and returned it to ATOS. They have now requested that he attend a medical on 7/2/13. He has a number of Mental Health problems ie OCD, Depression, panic attacks the list is enless.

Could anybody tell me what to expect?

Thankyou

Thank you for all of your replies.

Would just like to ask another question. At the ATOS medical am I allowed to answer any of the questions for my husband? This medical is not going to be easy for him at all, Social phobia being one of the reasons. It would just be nice to know that I can help him while I am in there?

Thanks Guys :(
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98658 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS Medical

Lauren wrote: Thank you for all of your replies.

Would just like to ask another question. At the ATOS medical am I allowed to answer any of the questions for my husband? This medical is not going to be easy for him at all, Social phobia being one of the reasons. It would just be nice to know that I can help him while I am in there?

Thanks Guys :(

In principle yes, however, the assessor will be looking to your husband to answer despite his social phobia. You need to careful not to overstep the mark, as you could be asked to leave the room, and in the extreme the assessment could be terminated, however, this is also about your husbands limitations being properly explained, so do not be intimidated by the situation, just be careful.

Best of luck

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: lolbol

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98769 by lolbol
Replied by lolbol on topic ATOS Medical
Hi All,

Just thought that I would give you an update. I went with my husband today for his medical ass with ATOS.

I got myself and my husband familier with the "60 questions you could be asked". When we arrived my husband was in an extremely bad state, panic attack after panic attack etc. He was begging me to take him home. I got talking to a girl in there that was there with her Mother. She told that they had been kept waiting an hour and a half!!!! Finally her mother was called in. We had been waiting 25 mins by this time and my husband was called in.

The HCP(Nurse) showed us into a room and asked us to take a seat. We sat down and she asked my husband if he understood why he was there, which he did. She asked about 5 questions about his mental health. My husband was in a real bad way, but we got through it. After the 5 questions she said "right we are finished" I think we had got a member of staff with empathy, she could see how bad my husband was. She got up opened the door and asked if he would be ok going out of the front of the building or would we like her to let us out of the back of the building. We left through the front. As my husband walked past her she gave him a reassuring tap on his shoulder, as if to say "you will be ok".

I may have mis-read the signs but must say it was nothing like I was expecting. I really believe that she felt for my husband. We was in the examination room for no longer than 15 mins. So now we just have to wait and see. I will not hold my breath but am just trying to be positive for both my husband and myself

Hope this helps some other members

Lauren
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98774 by
Replied by on topic ATOS Medical

Lauren wrote: Hi All,

Just thought that I would give you an update. I went with my husband today for his medical ass with ATOS.

I got myself and my husband familier with the "60 questions you could be asked". When we arrived my husband was in an extremely bad state, panic attack after panic attack etc. He was begging me to take him home. I got talking to a girl in there that was there with her Mother. She told that they had been kept waiting an hour and a half!!!! Finally her mother was called in. We had been waiting 25 mins by this time and my husband was called in.

The HCP(Nurse) showed us into a room and asked us to take a seat. We sat down and she asked my husband if he understood why he was there, which he did. She asked about 5 questions about his mental health. My husband was in a real bad way, but we got through it. After the 5 questions she said "right we are finished" I think we had got a member of staff with empathy, she could see how bad my husband was. She got up opened the door and asked if he would be ok going out of the front of the building or would we like her to let us out of the back of the building. We left through the front. As my husband walked past her she gave him a reassuring tap on his shoulder, as if to say "you will be ok".

I may have mis-read the signs but must say it was nothing like I was expecting. I really believe that she felt for my husband. We was in the examination room for no longer than 15 mins. So now we just have to wait and see. I will not hold my breath but am just trying to be positive for both my husband and myself

Hope this helps some other members

Lauren

Hi L,

Hopefully you have not misread the ATOS HCP, and your husband will receive a positive outcome. :)

The ATOS HCP will have generated an ESA85 Medical Report containing their recommendations.

This will be sent electronically to The DWP ESA Decision Maker, who then makes the final decision.

You could give it a week or so, and then contact The DWP for an update, or you could wait to receive the decision, as your hubby's current payment of benefit will continue until a decision has been made.

You should be aware, that sometimes a DWP DM will phone a claimant if they are thinking of making a fit for work decision, to see whether the claimant can offer any further verbal evidence that may sway the decision.

I am not saying that this will be the case with your hubby, just making you aware of the possibility.

Please keep us updated.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.