× Members

The New ESA Form 28 January Version

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98158 by Bill
Hi all,

Along with many others no doubt, I cut, copied and pasted from my old ESA form into the new one that became available yesterday.

When I pasted in the wording it became far too long for the boxes and although the boxes automatically expanded and allowed me to page it down to re-read, it cannot be fully printed as the expanded box returns to its original size when trying to print.

Whereas the previous form reduced the size of the writing this one does not, unless it is simply because I am cutting and pasting..... or I am doing something wrong?

Any ideas from you technical guys out there please?

Thanks.
Bill
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98168 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic The New ESA Form 28 January Version

Bill wrote: Hi all,

Along with many others no doubt, I cut, copied and pasted from my old ESA form into the new one that became available yesterday.

When I pasted in the wording it became far too long for the boxes and although the boxes automatically expanded and allowed me to page it down to re-read, it cannot be fully printed as the expanded box returns to its original size when trying to print.

Whereas the previous form reduced the size of the writing this one does not, unless it is simply because I am cutting and pasting..... or I am doing something wrong?

Any ideas from you technical guys out there please?

Thanks.
Bill

It would appear, that the DWP boffins have solved one problem (the text getting smaller) by allowing the text boxes to hold more text, however, as the box itself is of fixed size, it will not print anything that does not fit in the box. The only thing I can suggest is continuing your comments on a seperate page

A more significant problem, at least on my system, is that you cannot save the text in the document, so I am left wondering whether this form is intended for anything other than printing blank.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: WmWallace , Bill

More
11 years 2 months ago #98173 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic The New ESA Form 28 January Version
Gordon,

I haven’t tried printing anything yet but I have been able to save information. The user has to use the “save” option from the pull-down file menu on the left of the form. The little “save” command within the form itself doesn’t work…at least not for me! (I'm using Acrobat version XI)

More
11 years 2 months ago #98178 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic The New ESA Form 28 January Version
Thank you Gordon, that appears to be the same with my form too.

Cheers
Bill

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago #98179 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic The New ESA Form 28 January Version

MariW wrote: Gordon,

I haven’t tried printing anything yet but I have been able to save information. The user has to use the “save” option from the pull-down file menu on the left of the form. The little “save” command within the form itself doesn’t work…at least not for me! (I'm using Acrobat version XI)

Same here MW.

bro58

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98186 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic The New ESA Form 28 January Version
Is it just me but are there many of the Yes/No tick boxes missing? Also scroll bars appear at the right hand side of the "extra info" boxes but doesn't print everything out that you've written in them. So I wonder what those scroll bars are really for then?

I will say in it's favour though is that the Box at the start of the Physical descriptors telling you that you must be able to carry out the activities safely to an acceptable standard, as often as you
need to and in a reasonable length of time is welcome as this was missing from the previous version.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gareth56.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.