× Members

Assessment stage

• Q
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98346 by Q
Assessment stage was created by Q
Good evening everyone, I am currently working my way through the ESA guide and iirc it states the assessment stage for ESA can take 13 weeks and often longer. Now while I hope for the best I obviously have to plan for the worst so I am trying to figure out if all goes badly how long it will be before my IB payments stop.

When is the start of the assessment stage?
Is it when they first contact you?
Is it when they send you the ESA50 form?
Is it when you return the ESA50 form?

Any help to figure out when my benefit will stop will be appreciated, hope your all bearing up well under the strain

Thank You
Q
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #98348 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment stage

Q wrote: Good evening everyone, I am currently working my way through the ESA guide and iirc it states the assessment stage for ESA can take 13 weeks and often longer. Now while I hope for the best I obviously have to plan for the worst so I am trying to figure out if all goes badly how long it will be before my IB payments stop.

When is the start of the assessment stage?
Is it when they first contact you?
Is it when they send you the ESA50 form?
Is it when you return the ESA50 form?

Any help to figure out when my benefit will stop will be appreciated, hope your all bearing up well under the strain

Thank You
Q

Whilst you wil go through many of the stages of the Assessment Phase, you will not actually be placed on it and therefore the 13 weeks is not relevant.

The following FAQ explains the process in a little more detail

The Transfer Process

Transfers are taking anywhere from 5 or 6 weeks to 5 or 6 months,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Q

More
11 years 1 month ago #98350 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Assessment stage
The 13 weeks assessment phase really refers to the time during which a claimant will be paid the assessment rate of ESA. After this the main phase payments apply, it is the date to which payment will be backdated if a favourable decision is eventually made. It actually bears no relation to how long the process takes and is even less helpful when talking about migration from IB this is paid until a new decision is made, rather than the assessment rate that new claimants receive.

How long until they make a decision?

You might find this FAQ helpful

The Transfer Process

All migrations should have taken place by spring 2014. Other than that, it is impossible to know how long you will remain on IB or when the transfer process will start.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Q

• Q
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98354 by Q
Replied by Q on topic Assessment stage
So to clarify from the time they recieve my completed ESA50 I could be refused it and lose my IB payment anytime between 5 -6 weeks and 5-6 months?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98355 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment stage

Q wrote: So to clarify from the time they recieve my completed ESA50 I could be refused it and lose my IB payment anytime between 5 -6 weeks and 5-6 months?

I am afraid so.

You also need to be aware that if you are placed in the WRAG, you will only receive payments on your Contribution Based ESA for 365 days unless you also qualify for Income Related ESA either as a top-up or at the end of the year.

Gordon

• Q
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98367 by Q
Replied by Q on topic Assessment stage
Forgive my ignorance but what are the cash amounts for each group, and can you explain or link me to details about income based and contribution based ESA please? and possibly explain top up and at the end of the year.

Thank You

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.