× Members

Start of appeal.

• jottom
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99399 by jottom
Start of appeal. was created by jottom
Hi,
As expected I now have to appeal my change of circumstances and have received the 'if you think our decision is wrong' booklet.
My question is; in the 'reasons' column how much information should I include. Do I tell them all of the reasons I believe that the decision is wrong or do I keep my powder dry, so to speak and withhold some info until the full appeal papers arrive ?
Ideas please !
Jottom
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99401 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Start of appeal.
Hi Jottom, would you be kind and refresh my memory regarding your situation (which is one reason for suggesting that members keep everything together on one thread, it saves us poor mods from trying to wrack our brains to remember your circumstances! :P )?

We normally suggest keeping the GL24 brief but getting a comprehensive appeal submission in good time for a reconsideration. However, it may be that your circumstances warrant a slightly different approach...

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99406 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Start of appeal.
Hi J,

You may wish to answer MHB. :)

However, as you will receive an automatic reconsideration by a different DM, when you submit your GL24.

There is no advantage to be gained in holding back any evidence. After all, would you sooner be successful at the automatic reconsideration stage ? , or be unsuccessful at that stage, and maybe have to wait upto 12 months for an Appeal Tribunal Hearing.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• jottom
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #99407 by jottom
Replied by jottom on topic Start of appeal.
Sorry, fairly new to the forum , how do I keep it on one thread ?

My circ's are that my award is coming to an end in Oct this year but dur to the fact that my condition ( a progressive one) has worsened I sent the change of circumstances back in October I finally heard on Friday that they had kept my award at the same rate. Lower and Lower. But this has not been extended beyond the original Oct 13 review. I am going to appeal if for no other reason that the letter of reasons said all the usual 'dont need help for walking, not falling, etc etc. The ATOS Dr who came for the home visit, didnt ask me to stand, let alone walk. He declined to look at the steps at the back of my house ( although he must have noticed the steps at the front as he had to come up them to get in!) which in effect leave me stranded in my house as I cannot get out safely without help. Amazing really that a visiting Dr can apparently overide the evidence of Consultants and even a Professor !
How much of this should I put in the GL24 ?
Thank you for your earlier reply. :)

• jottom
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #99408 by jottom
Sorry Bro,
I am very slow at typing but have replied to MHB !!
Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate your advice. :)
Jottom

• jottom
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #99409 by jottom
Oh a second thought, if I send in my two additional letters now does that mean they cant be included in the appeal papers as by then they will have been looked at part of the GL24 stage.
Or will they be 'fresh' evidence in the appeal ?
Thanks again
Jottom

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.