× Members

esa tribunal won placed in wrag group

More
11 years 2 months ago #99554 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa tribunal won placed in wrag group
Congratulations

This message contains confidential information

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99557 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa tribunal won placed in wrag group

Kelly wrote: Hi bro58, thanks for reply yes iam on esa cb from 9th may 2012 untill .may 2013 on assessment rate but as I won appeal yesterday I was told by judge I would get all backdated money.hope this is right? Regards kell 13

Hi K,

It is just that you said in a previous post that "it had taken 14 months to get this far".

Unfortunately, even though you may only have been in receipt of Assessment Rate ESA whilst appealing, if it was CB ESA only, with no Income Related ESA element, it will count against your 365 day entitlement to CB ESA.

Therefore, you will be entitled to any arrears of The WRA Component of ESA, this will be the difference between what you have been receiving on Assessment Rate, and what you would have received if you had originally been placed in The WRAG. This will be owed from the date of the fit for work decision. (which seems to be May 2012)

Therefore, from what you have told me, you will only receive payment of CB ESA in The WRAG, as you are now, until around May 2013, (365 days in total)

Depending on your household income, capital, assets and savings, you may then be entitled to IR ESA, and should be invited to apply for it, to see whether you can pass the "Means Test".

See : Asset rule for ESA(IR)

&

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you cannot pass the means test, all payments of ESA will cease, and you will receive NI Credits only for the purposes of State Pension.

If you are still confused, please repost.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• Kelly
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99558 by Kelly
Replied by Kelly on topic esa tribunal won placed in wrag group
Hi bro 58,also meant to say my friend sent appeal descision to dwp special delivery for me and I have prroof this was signed for today.how long do you think it will take to receive back payment.regards kell13

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago #99559 by bro58

Gordon wrote: Congratulations

Gordon

Yes, K has done well :)

This message contains confidential information

bro58

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99561 by bro58

Kelly wrote: Hi bro 58,also meant to say my friend sent appeal descision to dwp special delivery for me and I have prroof this was signed for today.how long do you think it will take to receive back payment.regards kell13

Hi K,

It is hard to say, it depends how busy the DWP office is, that are dealing with it.

Do you understand now, that your payments of CB ESA in The WRAG may cease in May 2013 ? :)

bro58

• Kelly
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99565 by Kelly
Replied by Kelly on topic esa tribunal won placed in wrag group
Hi bro maybe I am confused.will try and explain december 2011 I received esa medical form to convert from existing ib to esa was called to medical and attended march 26th 2012 recived failed esa on. 11th april 2012 and. Was told by letter my ib will stop on may 9th.immediately appealed was put on assesment rate cb based. And the rest you know.sorry for confusion any help please thanks again kell13

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.