× Members

ME/MH ESA50 1/13 Ruined!!!

• ME 51
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100531 by ME 51
ME/MH ESA50 1/13 Ruined!!! was created by ME 51
I wonder if anyone can help me as I'm in a panic and don't know what to do? I have been on ESA for 2 years after failing 2 medicals and going through hell with Atos etc :( I have been sent a New ESA50 1/13 to fill in by next wednesday. Today I went to the CAB to get help with filling in the form and was helped by an elderly lady who didn't seem to know what she was doing as had to get the work checked.

When I got home and read what she had written I was shocked at how different it was to what I had told her and can not send this form to Atos next week!!! She also didn't fill in her details? What can I do to get a new form quickly? I am so anxious that I'm scared to phone Atos or the DWP. I have long standing ME and Mental health problems and currently in pain with a bone spur in my back!! I am so scared of failing and going through the stress of Atos that I don't know what to do next? If anyone can advise me ASAP I'd really appreciate your help! Thank you
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100533 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ME/MH ESA50 1/13 Ruined!!!

ME 51 wrote: I wonder if anyone can help me as I'm in a panic and don't know what to do? I have been on ESA for 2 years after failing 2 medicals and going through hell with Atos etc :( I have been sent a New ESA50 1/13 to fill in by next wednesday. Today I went to the CAB to get help with filling in the form and was helped by an elderly lady who didn't seem to know what she was doing as had to get the work checked.

When I got home and read what she had written I was shocked at how different it was to what I had told her and can not send this form to Atos next week!!! She also didn't fill in her details? What can I do to get a new form quickly? I am so anxious that I'm scared to phone Atos or the DWP. I have long standing ME and Mental health problems and currently in pain with a bone spur in my back!! I am so scared of failing and going through the stress of Atos that I don't know what to do next? If anyone can advise me ASAP I'd really appreciate your help! Thank you

There is a link to a downloadable version of the ESA50 in the following FAQ

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ME 51

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100534 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ME/MH ESA50 1/13 Ruined!!!

ME 51 wrote: I wonder if anyone can help me as I'm in a panic and don't know what to do? I have been on ESA for 2 years after failing 2 medicals and going through hell with Atos etc :( I have been sent a New ESA50 1/13 to fill in by next wednesday. Today I went to the CAB to get help with filling in the form and was helped by an elderly lady who didn't seem to know what she was doing as had to get the work checked.

Hi ME51,

If it is the "new" ESA50 01/13, you can download, save and fill it in from the link on this page :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

See also : ESA50 too big for the envelope

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

From our : ESA FAQ’s

You should refer to The ESA Claims Guides under this heading :

"New ESA50 form"

On this page :

ESA Claims Guides

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• ME 51
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100546 by ME 51
Replied by ME 51 on topic ME/MH ESA50 1/13 Ruined!!!
Hello Bro58,

Thank you for your speedy advice yesterday :) I was in such a panic that I couldn't think straight after pending almost 3 hrs with the volunteer at the CAB. I don't know if B+W keeps our old posts but suffice to say that I had a terrible time with Atos last time round and just want to make sure I fill out and present my ESA50 correctly and on time which is next Friday.

I wonder if you could advise me with the ESA50 form my daughter managed to download and print out?

I am going to have to fill out this photo copy and don't know if Atos will object as its not the original form as that got ruined yesterday! Do I have to tell them the form got ruined or just fill in this printed out one and send it as normal?

Also.. I have asked my Psychiatrist to support a home medical as I couldn't cope with going to that centre for the 3rd time as I was treated unfairly by Atos and nearly had a breakdown which affected my ME badly (The letter will be ready for tue) Do I state in my ESA50 the reason I am asking for a home medical? I hope my message makes sense as I'm a bit foggy at the moment. Thank you
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100552 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ME/MH ESA50 1/13 Ruined!!!

ME 51 wrote: Hello Bro58,

Thank you for your speedy advice yesterday :) I was in such a panic that I couldn't think straight after pending almost 3 hrs with the volunteer at the CAB. I don't know if B+W keeps our old posts but suffice to say that I had a terrible time with Atos last time round and just want to make sure I fill out and present my ESA50 correctly and on time which is next Friday.

I wonder if you could advise me with the ESA50 form my daughter managed to download and print out?

I am going to have to fill out this photo copy and don't know if Atos will object as its not the original form as that got ruined yesterday! Do I have to tell them the form got ruined or just fill in this printed out one and send it as normal?

Also.. I have asked my Psychiatrist to support a home medical as I couldn't cope with going to that centre for the 3rd time as I was treated unfairly by Atos and nearly had a breakdown which affected my ME badly (The letter will be ready for tue) Do I state in my ESA50 the reason I am asking for a home medical? I hope my message makes sense as I'm a bit foggy at the moment. Thank you

There will be no problem with you sending in the downloaded copy of the ESA50 and you do not need explain why you are doing so.

If you are hoping for a home medical, then you should definitely include this on the ESA50, hopefully the letter will be sufficient for ATOS to grant one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ME 51

• ME 51
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101164 by ME 51
Replied by ME 51 on topic ME/MH ESA50 1/13 Ruined!!!

ME 51 wrote: Hello Bro58,

Also.. I have asked my Psychiatrist to support a home medical as I couldn't cope with going to that centre for the 3rd time as I was treated unfairly by Atos and nearly had a breakdown which affected my ME badly (The letter will be ready for tue) Do I state in my ESA50 the reason I am asking for a home medical? I hope my message makes sense as I'm a bit foggy at the moment.
Thank you

I wonder if anyone could please advise me with a further problem I have re my ESA 50 form and descriptors. I have stated that I very rarely go out other than a Doctor/Hospital or Mental heath appointment.

Last year I had 6mths of one to one sessions with a Psychologist. I have now been offered 18mths Group Therapy which to be honest I'm really anxious about:( I had one assessment and explained my problems (with people I don't know) so I was told to come back for a 2nd assessment.. Although I don't want to go to this group I'm wondering will this count against me in my Medical Assessment as in not helping myself??

Thank you
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.